You Should Subscribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll request a "brown paper" "Gentlemen's edition" for Baptists next year after my house is built....I have only spent 50K trying to build a jungle bungaloo this year. Maybe next year.... then I'll get all my baptism and civil law issues worked out once I get this subscription (got any reduced rate for po'folks?).

I'll request a "brown paper" "Gentlemen's edition" for Baptists next year after my house is built....I have only spent 50K trying to build a jungle bungaloo this year. Maybe next year.... then I'll get all my baptism and civil law issues worked out once I get this subscription (got any reduced rate for po'folks?).

:ditto:

Guys, CPJ "is" po' folks too! I do understand about budget constraints; there should be plenty of copies next year still. For now, there are specials now that you can take advantage of. For instance for US folks you can get the 2007 and 2008 issues for $30, that is $15 each, for 2 300+ page books! You can get the 2005-2008 issues for $50 ($12.50 each). Postage included! As far as overseas, the postal rate is the killer of course, which I cannot do much about.

:ditto:

With the shifts I've made theologically over the past year, obviously I disagree with some of the emphases of the CPJ. But I don't know of any other publication right now (print or online) that does a better job of defending confessional Presbyterianism. It is a steal at $50 for all four volumes. Agree or disagree, if you want to know what Confessional Presbyterianism is all about, there's no better place to start.

I'm interested in what "shifts" you've made theologically.

My twin brother, who started this post out, was nice enough to send me the 2008 year for free. :)] I enjoyed reading his article, though it was a bit over my head. Kinda like if I were to begin discussing the spectrum of compact operators... Hey you! Come back here!

I got my volumes 3 days ago!

They arrived over here with my guests.

Thanks to whoever sent it!!!!!!! (exclamation point to the power of 10)

I am reading an article now by our own Rev. Winzer on the history of Paedo-communion.

Why hide that God opened your eyes to more truth?

Rich,

:lol::lol::lol:

But, being a Baptist and all, I had to get mine in brown paper with no return address. Then, when being seen by old friends from my former denomination, I have to put it inside a copy of Walter Rauschenbusch's Christianity and the Social Crisis (1907) or some quasi-religious diatribe about "speaking truth to power" and endorsing abortion and gay marriage.

Maybe, if I hide it in a copy of one of Malone's books or Welty's article . . . hmmmmm . . . that's it . . . that's the ticket! :lol:

Hey I would set out every book I thought would catch their eye and pray for god to have mercy on them and open their eyes to His Sovereignty so their life will be so much better and their worship of God so much purer.

I think this is a reason there are so few who know about the reformed faith because people are so afraid of speaking about it as if we were really Arminians and God wasn't sovereignly in control of the people we speak to! And most professing Christians have not used the freedom and responsibility God has given us for 200 years to speak out His grace and gospel to this nation and call them to repent and obey the law as we could have. I think this is why we are seeing the evil takeover by the minor minority of atheist and gays. We have let the world cause us to be politically correct and unoffensive as our sunum bonum instead of the Glory of god. We have been at ease in zion and need to repent and speak out even if we are jailed for it or just lose a few "friends" who would hate a god and us who doesn't' bend to man's free will.
BTW, I know you were joking but maybe we shouldn't joke about this and we should support each other to strongly and unashamedly speak forth the doctrines of grace that saved my wretched deceived soul. I am sure, humanly speaking, that though I thought I was a Christian and saved and born again I would have been going to hell had not God opened my eyes to see His grace. That is when my life became His. I know it is not so for all, but how many? Our hearts should ache for these people to know our Sovereign Lord and the peace that comes from this. As an Arminian I am sure I would have committed suicide or as a "carnal Christian" drunk myself to death!
In His Service,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back