You, the Book, and a Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
If you had to be quarantined for a month (banished to live alone in a room with a yucky-smelling but non-fatal ailment), and you could take a Bible and one other book with you (no sets, just a single volume), what book would that be?

(I know: the super-spiritual among you will say you don't need any other book but the Bible, but just humor me here, will ya?)

Well, I suppose if we were talkin' about right now, I'd have to go with Gurnall's The Christian in Complete Armour. If we're talkin' about for all time...that's a difficult one. Not sure.

Gurnall? Dude, you're only quarantined for a month...:D

I would bring a book full of blank pages so I can write in them, assuming I get a pen.

Well, if I already have my Bible, then I would be tempted to bring in a heavy classic...or the complete works of Shakespeare for light reading.

Gaining Favour with God and Man by William Thayer would be a choice. The other would be one of the volumes of the Institutes. Or Beeke's book Puritan Reformed Spirituality.

(I can't make up my mind. I'm a woman. Cut me some slack. I'd just grab and go...makes it alot easier than deciding, the reason Shakespeare might just win out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back