Your background music while online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows Media Player, music ripped on to the digital format, what's a CD? Get with the times old man.:popcorn::smug:
Talk about aging yourself (not to derail my thread) but I once said something about having some album on LP, she said "What?":popcorn: (My wife is 12 years younger than me.)
I sometimes buy them for their cover art which I enjoy but I own no record player.

Actually I have a first pressing of Def Leppard's 1983 classic "Pyromania" that is unopened! Brand spanking new with the sales stickers on it and everything it says " Includes The New Smash Hit Singles 'Photograph' and 'Rock of Ages'!"

I used to be a huge Def Leppard fan, "back in the day."

AlbumCovers-DefLeppard-Pyromania(1983).jpg

So as I sit here with my flu, I am listening to KPLU online Jazz, it made me wonder, what do my PB Brethren like to listen to while on the computer? I thought about a poll, but there are too many options! So what style, Jazz, Classical, Rock, Blues, and what station do you like (does not have to be an online station, just plug your fave local station if you want!) So what are you listening to?:violin:

I'm listen mostly to news or Christian talk radio. When I'm not listening to that, I'm listening to Lecrae, Tim Brindle, Shai Linne and the like...Yesterday I found a couple of versions of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel." That was fun. Great hymn!

Bob Dylan, anything Baroque, Bob Dylan, Bluegrass, and, oh yeah, maybe a little bit of Bob Dylan.

Actually my employees always walk gingerly when they hear the sound of Dylan emanating from my office. It either means that I am in a really good mood or having an EXCEPTIONALLY difficult day. Growing up, my five kids all made fun of me for my Dylan fascination. Now, that four of them are grown and married, they all LOVE Dylan and my attorney son actually named his firstborn "Dylan."
I downloaded 55 Dylan tines last night for my iPod, If I am in a bad mood Dylan can always put me in a good mood! :violin:"The Spanish moon is rising on the hills but my heart is telling me I love ya still..." Sorry I lost the singy smile-e....there is a violin in the song however!:) "Abandoned Love"

"We like both kinds...Country and Western!" (a little Blues Brother's line for ya!)

Actually, I, too, have eclectic tastes. I will listen to anything from talk radio to Believer (Christian metal) to Mozart to Carrie Underwood to The Rogues (bagpipes). Right now, I am listening to Dream Theater.

Usually nothing. Do you have any suggestions? I am not fond of Bob Dylan. We hope you get well soon etexas. Paul recommended that Timothy take a little wine for his stomach's sake. If you have a cold wiskey will work, but if you are a teetoter tea will work best. :cheers2:

I think I only have Undeceived and Burial. I got to see them live once. It was pretty cool.
:mad:
hehe. If I remember right I was mainly at the side watching the drummer. I think he had a mohawk if I remember right. Long haired Norwegian Metal dudes lol. I just checked out their myspace page and yikes, did they go pansy? I liked their old school metal stuff, with the violin mixed in. I think a song titled Ember was one of my favorites.

I think I only have Undeceived and Burial. I got to see them live once. It was pretty cool.
:mad:
hehe. If I remember right I was mainly at the side watching the drummer. I think he had a mohawk if I remember right. Long haired Norwegian Metal dudes lol. I just checked out their myspace page and yikes, did they go pansy? I liked their old school metal stuff, with the violin mixed in. I think a song titled Ember was one of my favorites.

Their new material is more mainline than their older stuff. I've always liked that they manage to progress with each succeessive album. The most recent one was a mix of thrash and the Deftones. I'd recommend it, even though at times it can get a bit "pansy".

Their drummer is an absolute machine, by the way.
drummer.gif

What is the name of their new album? btw, I don't think that just singing is pansy. For example, I like the singing on As I Lay Dying's new album. Their other albums are hard to beat though!

Usually nothing. Do you have any suggestions? I am not fond of Bob Dylan. We hope you get well soon etexas. Paul recommended that Timothy take a little wine for his stomach's sake. If you have a cold wiskey will work, but if you are a teetoter tea will work best. :cheers2:
Depends on what you are doing (and what you like) for focusing I like classical, other times it is whatever mood I am in, I like Jazz a lot, I sometimes listen to a little folk music, sometimes a little blues. You know what, pull up iTunes and click on radio, from there it will take you to some different genres fool around with that see if you find something that is your "thing". Let me know I love music, I like to hear what others like and why. An old friend of mine (who plays keyboard) once said next to salvation, music is the Good Lord's best gift to mankind! I come pretty close to agreeing.:violin:

What is the name of their new album? btw, I don't think that just singing is pansy. For example, I like the singing on As I Lay Dying's new album. Their other albums are hard to beat though!
Extol's newest is "The Blueprint Dives". They have a new guitarist, and he brought in a new sound. Check out the song "Gloriana" on their myspace to see the new style.

I listen to Shadows are Security consistently about once a week. I love that album.

Extol's newest is "The Blueprint Dives". They have a new guitarist, and he brought in a new sound. Check out the song "Gloriana" on their myspace to see the new style.

I listen to Shadows are Security consistently about once a week. I love that album.
Haha ditto on Shadows are Security. Song #5, Empty Hearts, is awesome. I love the build up at the beginning. I've seen them live too :D. That was a fun concert! And they played songs from Shadows are Security too. Their new album An Ocean Between Us is not quite as good, but it is still very good.

Haha ditto on Shadows are Security. Song #5, Empty Hearts, is awesome. I love the build up at the beginning. I've seen them live too :D. That was a fun concert! And they played songs from Shadows are Security too. Their new album An Ocean Between Us is not quite as good, but it is still very good.
I went and saw AILD before Shadows came out, and had never heard them before (I was at the show to see Parkway Drive). As soon as they played the breakdown in Falling Upon Deaf Ears, I was in love. Chaimaira headlined, and really seemed second rate afterwards :D

I have been listening to the Bee Gees..... [video=youtube;k6ccjD_hfSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ccjD_hfSk[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back