Your Best Teeth Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueridge Believer

Puritan Board Professor
http://tominthebox.blogspot.com/

yourbestteethnow

:D

I had some guy buy a book by Joel Osteen the other day while at work. I was like, "Wow, I didn't know we sold this guy" then proceeded to mumble about "that doggon heretic" and the guy was like, "What?"
"Oh sorry, just mumbling about Osteen."
"Oh? Are you a fan too?"
"No, actually. I'm on the very opposite side - I'm a reformer."
"A what?"
So I went off into my thing about how the church is for believers and how Jesus always talks about separating the wheat and tares and burning the tares (emphasis on burning the tares) and that what Osteen does is sacrifice God's Word to bring the goats in amongst the sheep, who are already poorly fed.
"... So you believe this is what Osteen does?"
"Yes." *whipping out pen and paper*
"But I thought Jesus died for everyone universally and that the free gift of salvation is for everyone."
I think that's what he said, but I wrote down John 6:44 and Romans chapter nine then wrote down that he should google "The doctrines of grace by Chris Blum" and "TULIP", then told him that was called soteriology and this is where his true spiritual journey began.

Hopefully he'll look into it. Think he will?

:D

I had some guy buy a book by Joel Osteen the other day while at work. I was like, "Wow, I didn't know we sold this guy" then proceeded to mumble about "that doggon heretic" and the guy was like, "What?"
"Oh sorry, just mumbling about Osteen."
"Oh? Are you a fan too?"
"No, actually. I'm on the very opposite side - I'm a reformer."
"A what?"
So I went off into my thing about how the church is for believers and how Jesus always talks about separating the wheat and tares and burning the tares (emphasis on burning the tares) and that what Osteen does is sacrifice God's Word to bring the goats in amongst the sheep, who are already poorly fed.
"... So you believe this is what Osteen does?"
"Yes." *whipping out pen and paper*
"But I thought Jesus died for everyone universally and that the free gift of salvation is for everyone."
I think that's what he said, but I wrote down John 6:44 and Romans chapter nine then wrote down that he should google "The doctrines of grace by Chris Blum" and "TULIP", then told him that was called soteriology and this is where his true spiritual journey began.

Hopefully he'll look into it. Think he will?

Very good young lady!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back