Your Body's Molecular Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings,

This is one of many animations available that show the molecular machines responsible for cell division. It's just a teaser since it is only 6:20 long. There are full-length features with even more astounding looks at the very small.

If you are like me, it will have you shouting, "Praise evolution!--NOT"

Psalm 139:13-16​
For thou hast possessed my reins: Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: Marvellous are thy works; And that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, When I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; And in thy book all my members were written, Which in continuance were fashioned, When as yet there was none of them.

Astounding - not only the graphics and animation but the microscopy. It has been awhile since I've watched a video of cell division.

I have always been astonished by the complexity, ingenuity, precision, and beauty of nature. Having gone through the ranks of academia more than once in my long journey into medicine, the more I have learned and observed, the more difficult it is for me to consider seriously a materialistic metaphysic employing fatalistic naturalism as the driving mechanism of the universe and its forms.

It is interesting to observe how technocratic societies has become more arrogant in rejecting God because of the rapid progress within science; yet, as we gain more knowledge, the weight of empirical findings makes the argument for the necessity of God more powerful and unavoidable. Initially we thought that science would prove God to be a relic of primitive thought. Now we can see how unfathomably complex the universe is at all scales. The foolishness of the modern man who refuses to glorify God as Creator will render him all the more without excuse on the day of judgment.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. - Romans 1:18-23 (ESV)

I have always been astonished by the complexity, ingenuity, precision, and beauty of nature. Having gone through the ranks of academia more than once in my long journey into medicine, the more I have learned and observed, the more difficult it is for me to consider seriously a materialistic metaphysic employing fatalistic naturalism as the driving mechanism of the universe and its forms.

It is interesting to observe how technocratic societies has become more arrogant in rejecting God because of the rapid progress within science; yet, as we gain more knowledge, the weight of empirical findings makes the argument for the necessity of God more powerful and unavoidable. Initially we thought that science would prove God to be a relic of primitive thought. Now we can see how unfathomably complex the universe is at all scales. The foolishness of the modern man who refuses to glorify God as Creator will render him all the more without excuse on the day of judgment.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. - Romans 1:18-23 (ESV)
"For a reason no one has yet been able to figure out..."
"Personally I'm astounded by these tiny, molecular machines, how they're able to routinely and faithfully execute their functions..."
"The most amazing thing is how much is left to be discovered..."

Ironically, in some sense, man has increased in ignorance over time as their understanding of nature increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back