You've just gotta hear this sermon! (suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just that there are some truths of God, conveyed in sermons, that should cause us to reflect, rejoice, mourn, even tremble... but i admit that there are times when i yawn.
i know that sounds horrible... here is a trite example: it's like when you reminis about those old episodes of "lost in space" .i remember waiting, watching for the weekly episode to finally come on. (especially cliff hangers!)
now i own the DVD's and never watch them. i guess the warning here is to not become complacent about these things... and that nothing can ever replace meeting on the Lord's day to hear a godly preacher expound the Word of God
does this make any sense?

Have you considered an audiobook?,There is a great version of my favorite book (next to my NASB/ESV) "The Sovereignty of God" by A.W Pink,They did a real nice job with it and yes,it's the unabridged/unedited version,I am currently listening to an audiobook version of "The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination" by Loraine Boettner-(another life changing book!)

Here's the link and if I recall you can order Pink's book from itunes as a easy download for about 10 bucks and Boettner's which is a bit more raw in audio quality is free from SermonAudio (a tremendous resource)
A.W. Pink: The Sovereignty of God (audio book, MP3, CD) - christianaudio.com

Anything by my pastor is excellent. We are a very fortunate congregation. River Hills Community Church--Janesville, WI

Actually, if you're only going to listen to one sermon of his, listen to his"Joyous Grief" sermon about God's sovereignty and suffering. It's probably his trademark sermon. Go to the page that lists our pastors and you'll see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back