Zondervan and the Satanic Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aweful isn't it? I learned of it last year. Sadly, the Christians that I have told of it have not stopped supporting Zondervan with thier $. :banghead:

The dollar seems to have more power than protests and petitions.

Originally posted by bond-servant
Aweful isn't it? I learned of it last year. Sadly, the Christians that I have told of it have not stopped supporting Zondervan with thier $. :banghead:

:pray2: Please don't. I'm a soon to be published Zondervan author! :cool:

Originally posted by kevin.carroll

There are other publishing companies you know...please look into them...

I guess I don't blame Zondervan for this. It isn't like they bought Harper Collins and can control what it puts out! On the contrary, Harper Collins bought out Zondervan and allowed it to keep running to provide books to the Christian market.
So, yes, in as much as Zondervan exists as a puppet company of Harper Collins they do exist primarily to make money... but just because the folks at Harper Collins make money off of Zondervan's books does not mean that Zondervan profits from the success of other arms of Harper Collins.
Don't blame Zondervan for Harper Collins' publication of the Satanic Bible. :candle:

Originally posted by LadyFlynt

There are other publishing companies you know...please look into them...

I suppose you don't have a television or a radio... ;)

Originally posted by SolaScriptura
I guess I don't blame Zondervan for this. It isn't like they bought Harper Collins and can control what it puts out! On the contrary, Harper Collins bought out Zondervan and allowed it to keep running to provide books to the Christian market.
So, yes, in as much as Zondervan exists as a puppet company of Harper Collins they do exist primarily to make money... but just because the folks at Harper Collins make money off of Zondervan's books does not mean that Zondervan profits from the success of other arms of Harper Collins.
Don't blame Zondervan for Harper Collins' publication of the Satanic Bible. :candle:

:ditto: One could easily get carried away here...we'd need to come up with a way to have Reformed monasteries to isolate ourselves from the world, if we did.

Aw, I tried boycotting them, trouble was they published too many books that I did want to read. :bigsmile:

:um: didn't get what this is supposed to mean...I actually have both and use them. So what am I missing here and what does it have to do with Zondervan or you being published? Was there an advertisement I missed?

Originally posted by lwadkins
Aw, I tried boycotting them, trouble was they published too many books that I did want to read. :bigsmile:

same here. I am required to get the "Spirit of the Reformation" study bible for school...and it is put out by Zondervan.

Excuse me, is this the Wesleyan message board? My sanctification seems a little tarnished lately, maybe you guys can provide me some EXACT guidelines...:bigsmile:

But seriously, please let's don't start any urban legends, they seem to happen spontaneously anyway. I won't start worrying until Zondervan becomes a division of Proctor-Gamble!:banana::banana::banana:

Originally posted by LadyFlynt

:um: didn't get what this is supposed to mean...I actually have both and use them. So what am I missing here and what does it have to do with Zondervan or you being published? Was there an advertisement I missed?

My point is there is objectionable material on both and yet we continue to use them. Consistency of your position would require us to become monks, in order to avoid doing any business with someone who might have an affiliation with someone who does somethng we object to...

I remember when the satanic bible was published by "AVON" books. I always thought that was funny.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back