Zune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zune is Microsoft's answer to the iPod. Like the x-Box, they decided not the brand it with "Microsoft".

I didn't know you could get one yet. I'm interested also because I want something that works better with podcasts and I wonder if the Zune will do it. I don't want an iPod because I'm mad at Apple for not making it possible to sync my iTune podcasts to my mp3 player. iTunes only works with iPods! :mad:

OK, I admit-- the Zune looks very cool. But I would be shocked--SHOCKED-- if it was anywhere near as elegant and functional, and as of high quality as an iPod. The software, the interface, the portability, reliability, the dizzying array of aftermarket products to support it-- all just add immense value to the iPod.

I don't think anyone could argue against the notion that the iPod is a design masterpiece...

I don't own a Mac, but, based solely on the quality of this one product, I am inclined to "make the switch".
I didn't know you could get one yet. I'm interested also because I want something that works better with podcasts and I wonder if the Zune will do it. I don't want an iPod because I'm mad at Apple for not making it possible to sync my iTune podcasts to my mp3 player. iTunes only works with iPods!

Civbert, I have found no problems with Podcasts on my iPod. It works extremely well! I will agree with you, however, that Apple would be better served if they made their platform 'open architecture'-- they would certainly sell more music that way.

On a side note, Apple or not-- I would prefer to purchase an item that has already proven itself in the marketplace-- and item that has had a few generations to work out the "bugs", and improve on the original-- not to mention the aftermarket support I mentioned above. So, from a 'risk' standpoint, I would rather put my cash towards something that has a lower risk of becoming obsolete in the marketplace...

Just my :2cents:

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back