A "review" of the ESV Personal Size Reference Bible . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Rae, your review is quite helpful. My wife and I bought our kids the TruTone ESV's and the glue binding has been terrible. They have not held up very well and I think they are too flimsy.

I have come to prefer hardbound bibles and covering them with leather covers from Renaissance Art.

I am looking to buy new bibles for my kids since theirs have not held up. My seven year old daughter (my oldest) prefers my Single Line Reference; however, I think it is too big for her to lug around. So I would prefer a Pew sized Bible, but not in a two column format, preferably single line reference and all inspired text in black. The problem is that no such bible exists in ESV. If not for your post I would not have known of this new bible. It is almost exactly what I am looking for except that it is not quite single-line, but better than two column for my kids. HOWEVER, I checked your link to WTS and to my bewilderment it is not available in hard cover! :doh:

What's up with that!? I thought all bibles had a hard bound version? I can't seem to win in my inquisition to find just the right Bible. :)

I'm looking for a Bible that has the psalter, the confessions of faith, the directory for publik worship and a non-study bible version. I think I may have to create that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back