Baptizing Your Own Child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
We are planning to have our little girl, Grace Cameron Phillips, baptized in a week (March 14). I will do the baptism, and it is difficult to think of a more wonderful thing for a father to be able to do than be the one who actually baptizes his child.

But performing the baptism does create some practical problems. For example, questions are supposed to read to the parents to answer in the affirmative. How do I go about doing this? Do I ask and answer the questions myself?

Have any of you other pastors baptized your own kids, and how did you go about doing so?

Thanks. I was thinking about that as well. I need to see if our Form of Gov't allows for a RE to do that.

I am baptising our daughter, Susanna, this Lord's day. The pattern I followed previously seems to be the best, where the vows were changed from questions into statements.

May the Lord add grace upon grace to your daughters. I am most grateful for your children's lives. You both are awesome men of God. Thanks for being faithful.

When Calvin was baptized a few months ago, the ruling elders all took part in the baptism. Each of the three REs took part- and took part in asking the queries. I then baptized him.

It was a great blessing to me, and to the congregation seeing the whole session taking part.

Originally I wanted a guest minister to do it- but it did not work out with schedules, so I was glad that it turned out so nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back