Map of NAPARC Churches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross, have you contacted someone at NAPARC to see about putting this on the website there?

Also, there are going to be changes needed on this map every few months or so. Clearly it is the job of the denominational offices to keep up-to-date directories. Perhaps someone at NAPARC would be able to take custodianship of this resource and receive updates from denominational services? I confess, I don't even know what kind of offices or staff NAPARC keeps, but it seems that would be a better way than "message Ross on Puritan Board".

Honestly, I thought about contacting stated clerks for more precise data with the data Google maps likes. This would eliminate much of the error from some of the web programming magics I performed.

Ross, I shared the link to your map on Facebook. Folks are excited. I suspect you will be getting lots of "Friend" requests and private messages!

I'm just curious...

I was looking around my area (Vernon Hills, IL), and I noticed that Lakeview Presbyterian Church is on there. That church is part of the PC(USA) and is disgustingly liberal. Why is that on there? I looked on the NAPARC website and the PC(USA) isn't even listed as a searchable denomination on their church finder page.

I was looking around my area (Vernon Hills, IL), and I noticed that Lakeview Presbyterian Church is on there. That church is part of the PC(USA) and is disgustingly liberal.

Well, the church says that it is PCA, http://www.lakeviewpc.org/index.html
The PCA says that it is PCA, http://stat.pcanet.org/ac/directory/directory.cfm (search under Chicago Metro Presbytery)

So I hope you won't mind if I ask for evidence of it being "disgustingly liberal" since your comment already has 2 strikes against it.

I'm just curious...

I was looking around my area (Vernon Hills, IL), and I noticed that Lakeview Presbyterian Church is on there. That church is part of the PC(USA) and is disgustingly liberal. Why is that on there? I looked on the NAPARC website and the PC(USA) isn't even listed as a searchable denomination on their church finder page.

The only way that this would be possible is if the denomination was confused about the denominational affiliation of the church. While I thought that was rather unlikely, I did check; I believe you are mistaken. I suggest you not make such strong and unfounded accusations toward a gospel preaching church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back