Men should wear beards...according to this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some men who aren't entirely attractive with a beard. Fortunately, I'm not one of them.
And their are some wives who will not kiss a hairy face.

As a single man who is unsure of the preferences of his future wife, this is a terrifying thought.

There are some men who aren't entirely attractive with a beard. Fortunately, I'm not one of them.

My beard looks up to your beard.

He won't be any longer if this feller gets a pogonotomy because of the potential wife just mentioned. I realize that it's sad, but I'm sure there will be another beard out there to serve as a mentor.

Andrew, trust me, pogonotomy is a fine and manly art. . . and well worth it if your wife prefers you clean shaven. You will not regret it. You will notice every micro-zephyr for a few days after your first shave, but that will pass.

Okay, I have known Mr. Bunker for years. I knew him and sometimes argued with him before he was the book writing and public speaking Michael. I was out of my league.
I can say for sure that he practices what he preaches which in itself makes him part of a very small group. When he decided God had lessons to teach through an agrarian lifestyle he just went and did it, leaving a more cushy life behind.
He didn't do it in some Garden of Eden setting but in hardscrabble Texas dirt during droughts and lean times. While he did all that I was in the city. sitting in air conditioning, watching bad television and taking antidepressants.
When he talks you need to know that he is using his substantial humor with considerable restraint, he is using sarcasm and bluntness for sport. He will sometimes toy with an argument like a cat with a yarn ball. He is not a kinist but if you accuse him of it I would not be surprised if he said...Okay I am, talk me out of it. That is just the way he is.

Anyway, he wrote a book called Swarms of Locust that I think would benefit anyone. It details the Jesuits work against our church. And his newest book about living off the grid is quite interesting. My guess, and this is only a guess but if someone confronted him about the beard issue he would say..."had to grow one so people wouldn't get me mixed up with the new crop of preachers the Presbyterians are bringing in. The life partner people." I don't know of anyone I agree with all the time. Even myself. But I like thought provoking people. I have a certain amount of admiration for people who will say what they think whether it is popular or not because sadly I am not strong in that area.
So split the difference and grow a goatee.

Okay, I have known Mr. Bunker for years. I knew him and sometimes argued with him before he was the book writing and public speaking Michael. I was out of my league.
I can say for sure that he practices what he preaches which in itself makes him part of a very small group. When he decided God had lessons to teach through an agrarian lifestyle he just went and did it, leaving a more cushy life behind.
He didn't do it in some Garden of Eden setting but in hardscrabble Texas dirt during droughts and lean times. While he did all that I was in the city. sitting in air conditioning, watching bad television and taking antidepressants.
When he talks you need to know that he is using his substantial humor with considerable restraint, he is using sarcasm and bluntness for sport. He will sometimes toy with an argument like a cat with a yarn ball. He is not a kinist but if you accuse him of it I would not be surprised if he said...Okay I am, talk me out of it. That is just the way he is.

Anyway, he wrote a book called Swarms of Locust that I think would benefit anyone. It details the Jesuits work against our church. And his newest book about living off the grid is quite interesting. My guess, and this is only a guess but if someone confronted him about the beard issue he would say..."had to grow one so people wouldn't get me mixed up with the new crop of preachers the Presbyterians are bringing in. The life partner people." I don't know of anyone I agree with all the time. Even myself. But I like thought provoking people. I have a certain amount of admiration for people who will say what they think whether it is popular or not because sadly I am not strong in that area.
So split the difference and grow a goatee.

So the whole beard thing is more of a side of humor? Anyways what denomination is he in?
Plus, I like the off the grid-agrarian stuff.

Ha! I didn't even think about that. That is from my old landscaper days. I had a business where I did yards and trees and such. It is funny to have Groundskeeper Willie
because I used to joke in college that after I got my degree I would probably end up being a groundskeeper at my little college. It wasn't far from how things ended.
I had a teaching degree and despised public schools as soon as I started teaching. There are so many parables that our saviour told that are related to agrarian life. It is certainly worth pondering. I know this morning I experienced a rain in West Texas that was glorious. The ONE who sent it was glorified with every drop.

And Rufus, I don't think Michael is joking about the beards. He believes that way. But still I promise he has a twinkle in his eye as he discusses the manliness of it because he is looking at the feminization of culture and church from far far away from it. I can't lie, separation has a certain pull or attraction that I cannot deny.

I meant that Kevin would say (as I have heard in person say) according to Scripture men should grow beards. not saying for the same reason this guy would say...

Um, yeah, I heard Kevin Swanson speak at our homeschooling convention and he's interesting, not nuts. And he looks like a very clean-shaven 12 year old.

Going off the grid and back to the land is indeed cool, and a great way to get closer to the Lord, but this guy takes it way too far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back