My first time in the pulpit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raekwon

Puritan Board Junior
Alright, brothers and sisters . . . I stepped into the Sacred Desk tonight for the first time (well . . . it was actually a music stand, but anyway . . .)

I already posted this link over on the Prayer Board, but I thought this'd be a good spot for it as well. I'd appreciate some feedback/critique/whatever from Puritan Board-land.

Hope - A New Year's Message from 1 Peter 1

Rae,

I listened for about 15 minutes. You did well. Much smoother than my first time! Your passage was manageable and for the period of time in which I listened, you did a good job presenting it.

Great news to hear! God bless the results of this time and all your future endeavors.

How nervous where you?

Am listening to the sermon now. You have a good speaking voice.

Thanks. I listened to just a few seconds of it, and I was like "wait... I sound like THAT?"

:lol:

Finished listening; thanks, it was a good sermon, I needed a reminder to take sancification seriously. Too often I either don't care or just assume it will happen.

I quite literally hate the sound of my own voice, I can't stand to hear it played back to me in any context.

Rae,

I listened to your sermon yesterday evening. As stated above by others, you have a very nice voice. I think you did a fine job and I was blessed by your message. Actually, I'm in the middle of a bible study on 1 Peter, so I especially liked your treatment of that passage in chapter 1. Thanks for posting sermon #1 - eagerly looking forward to sermon #2!

I heard your sermon yesterday and I really think you did well, like someone above said you were a bit nervous but of course, I would really be afraid I you were not afraid even a little bit.
so that is an A (is that not your grade system?)

Thanks for the encouragement and critique, guys. I felt pretty good about it afterward, and received lots of affirmation from folks after church, but still . . . wanted to get your thoughts as well. :)

Glad it was helpful for some of you, too!

Well, let me be chronological with my disappointments:
1) No introduction music; Bach, Beethoven, or Shai Linne would have been fine.
2) ...

:) Actually, you did a great job. God in His providence...wow. I actually really needed to hear that brother; thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back