Quick question on Romans 11 25-27

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl40

Puritan Board Professor
25For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery--so that you will not be wise in your own estimation--that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

26and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
"THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION,
HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."
27"THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM,
WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."

Do ahmillennialist believe that most Jews will become believers in Jesus after the fullness of the Gentiles has come in just before Jesus comes back?

Do ahmillennialist believe that most Jews will become believers in Jesus after the fullness of the Gentiles has come in just before Jesus comes back?

As has been said above, some do and some don't. It all depends on your view of the context of Romans 11, and who Paul is speaking of when saying "all Israel will be saved".

Who is "Israel" in this verse? Many different (and valid) opinions have been given. Personally, I agree with O Palmer Robertson, in that Israel here is the Israel of God, i.e. both Jews and Gentiles who are children of Abraham through faith and union with Christ. This seems to coincide with the context, and even verse 27 which you quoted above: "When I take away their sins" refers to the elect of God, of all nationalities.

Some perhaps do! Personally I have a very hard time equating 'all Isreal' with many jews, I also have an hard time equating 'and so' with 'then.' I just do not think that Paul has a time cotnext like that in mind, rather the idea is that when the fullness of the gentiles is gathered in this world will be wrapped, but do not fear for 'all Isreal' will be saved. 'All Isreal' therefore equates to the similar term 'the fullness of the gentiles' ie it refers to the elect of Isreal througout world history, just as the term the fullness of the gentiles refers to the elect of the gentiles. However that is not the only understanding of the text for the Amiller.

I believe that the passage refers to those who are Jews according to the flesh, not necessarily the nation as a geopolitical entity, although it is included since a great number of them live in it. I think Paul is predicting a great massive conversion of Jews sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back