Reader's Greek NT & Reader's Hebrew Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Puritan Board Junior
Amazon.com: A Reader's Greek New Testament: 2nd Edition: Richard J. Goodrich, Albert L. Lukaszewski: Books

Amazon.com: A Reader's Hebrew Bible: A. Philip Brown II, Bryan W. Smith: Books

Ordered these so I could brush up on my languages. I spend some time yesterday looking over the GNT. So far, looks like it'll be a help. I understand the Greek text was reverse-engineered, but I'm only going to be using it as a tool to improve my Greek reading (I'll use other Greek Testaments for exegesis). :up:

Anyway, just thought I'd share; they seem to be useful resources and relatively inexpensive. I paid about $55 for both books; whereas the UBS Greek Reader is $45 alone! :moneywings:

Fred,

They "fix" it, but some reviewers have observed that it is even more difficult to read than the first edition since the type appears to be smaller because the strokes on the letters are quite thin. That would give my 55 year old bifocal corrected peepers strain and my weak brain a headache. After seeing the give-and-take on this version vs. the UBS one, I opted for the UBS Reader's edition after hearing about the difficult-to-read thin strokes on the fonts and the ultra thin paper and bleedthrough in the Zondervan effort. So far, my only regret is that the cover of the Zondervan one looks soooooo comfortable to use. The UBS is much larger and has a hardcover (along with the UBS signature maroon color. Besides, the UBS not only identifies any words appearing fewer than 30x, but also parses some of the more arcane forms. Unless you are reduced to denying your children food and clothing to support your book addiction, buy the UBS.

I don't know anything about the Hebrew edition.

I have both the Hebrew and Greek readers. I use them frequently to practice my languages. Are they coming out with a combination volume soon? I only have the first edition of the Greek which doesn't have a glossary for the common words like the Hebrew does. I didn't want to buy the 2nd edition Greek if they are going to combine them any time soon.

I have both the Hebrew and Greek readers. I use them frequently to practice my languages. Are they coming out with a combination volume soon?
Good question. I don't know if they'll be doing this.
I only have the first edition of the Greek which doesn't have a glossary for the common words like the Hebrew does.
The 2nd Edition does have a lexicon for the words occurring over 30 times.

Do any of you brothers own a copy of "The Majority Text Greek New Testament Interlinear?
The Majority Text Greek New Testament Interlinear (with NKJV) - By: Arthur L. Farstad, Zane C. Hodges - Christianbook.com

How do you like it?

Thanks,
Steve

I use this version a lot. Has the NKJV with a nice Greek text and literal translation for us language weaklings. Mine is an older version but the same print, text and appearance. I also use a Greek only text, but this is a nice version to help in the wee hours of the morning.

Steve, Did you once minister here in Arkansas? Your name looks familiar.:think:

Mark,

I am from Little Rock and pastored churches in Heber Springs and Sheridan, AR before moving to Virginia. There are a number brothers in Heber Springs we both know : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back