Searches do not yield old thread results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
I've been testing the search feature looking for posts under NaphtaliPress, and I cannot get any hits to come up for any of the old imported threads. I can only get posts results that have been posted since the move. Is this the way things are or can this be fixed?

I've been testing the search feature looking for posts under NaphtaliPress, and I cannot get any hits to come up for any of the old imported threads. I can only get posts results that have been posted since the move. Is this the way things are or can this be fixed?

This is a feature.

Working it. Search index should be re-built within an hour.

Thanks Rich -- that is a big help for someone who likes to resurrect old threads like me! :D

One thing I noticed, however: I can search on a particular date (say, like, October 31) and find particular results with that date in the Archives but not on the new board. The message one gets is "Showing results 1 to 25 of 208 Search took 2.43 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): october The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: 31." Is there any way to allow for date searching on the new board?

Searches are yielding older results now. Thanks Rich.

Unfortunately it's not quite fixed. Rebuilding the search index is a humongous resource hog. I started it last night and everything began crawling. I had to let it run while I slept (about 4 hours of sleep last night). Unfortunately it only indexed 142,000 of the 210,000 posts. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to index the delta because I don't want to have to run this all over again from scratch. It has about 70% of information but is probably missing most of the stuff from this year's posts.

Thanks Rich -- that is a big help for someone who likes to resurrect old threads like me! :D

One thing I noticed, however: I can search on a particular date (say, like, October 31) and find particular results with that date in the Archives but not on the new board. The message one gets is "Showing results 1 to 25 of 208 Search took 2.43 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): october The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: 31." Is there any way to allow for date searching on the new board?

Interesting that the Advanced Search really has poor granularity to search that way. I'll see what I can find.

Looks like the rebuild is still happening in the background even though I closed my browser. The board will probably be slow all day. It has about 60,000 posts left to index until it's all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back