2008: A Year for Family Worship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to Family Worship!

By God's grace, we have now been doing family worship every night from 7-8 for a couple of years. It has become our family's favorite time of the day and has helped me as I lead my family as a shepherd. I would highly encourage this discipline and practice.

Just this week I listened to a reading of JH Merle D'Aubigne's Family Worship. To say I was stunned is an understatement. It cut me to shreds. I came home and found the text and am in the process of making audio CD's to distribute to as many men who are willing to put their hand out to take it.

We are soon to have our 4th grandson. I could literally beg their father to establish this practice. It is THE foundational element missing from the homes of almost everyone I know, including my own. Isn't that some sad commentary?:(

If you haven't already heard this, it is available on SermonAudio.

Please pray for me in my active repentance and for the results that will certainly follow!

hehe. I read Rick Phillips and thought Rick Warren, I was suprised to see a good teaching from him, but then I realized "nope its not Rick Warren".

Here is a direct link to the Sermon Audio reading of the Essay on family worship by J.H. Merle D’Aubigne. Family Worship

I can second the recommendation. A wonderful little essay to encourage parents to guide their children in the Christian life. :up: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back