9/11 Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not immediately, but after the business in Africa, I said to myself, they better take care of that guy, he's going to be trouble.

I lived in Cranbury New Jersey at the time. I worked in NYC for the past three years. On that day I worked in the Princeton NJ office. We have televisions mounted throughout the office. I heard the TV turned up and something about a plane hitting the WTC. I got up and watched with many other people and witnessed the second plane hit. At that moment many went back to their desks and called friends and family who work in NYC and/or in the towers.

Many in my area and in my church were directly affected. It was a scary time. Todd Beamer (Passenger on Flight 93 - attributed with saying. "œLet´s Roll") lived about one mile away from me. My wife and I attended his church when we first moved to NJ in 2000. We still see his wife who wrote a book about that time. This year, our kids had swimming classes at the same time as her kids. The Cranbury post office was later named after her husband.

After this, the Hamilton post office which is four miles south of my house was quarantined and taken over by the FBI due to the anthrax scare.

Sometimes I think I cannot believe it has already been five years, and other times I feel that I hardly believe it has only been five years ago.

I was in a meeting at work. The TV was one before the meeting began and we all though the first crash was an accident. We turned off the TV and started the meeting. A little later a cook interupted our meeting shouting something about planes falling out of the sky. We turned the TV back on, saw what else had transpired and canceled the remainder of the meeting.

I was at the YMCA working out. Of course, they have the TVs for those on the cardio machines. All of us thought the first plane was an horrible accident. Then the second plane came. We were watching when it happened. I said, "Folks, these are no accidents. We're in trouble." Most of us watched for every second after that. It's hard to believe but some keep working out, not paying any attention to the events of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back