Al Qaeda Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that even if our Govt. refuses to admit it, this is a religious war and allowing something like this to be published and distributed in the U.S. is treason. These men are attempting to capture the hearts and minds of all muslims to rise in defiance to what they see as an infidel society. I think we should protest this very strongly, but the left-wingers will probably be better organized and more influential on a political level, and those who speak against it seen as narrow and bigoted. Look at the rulings to legislate p0rn on the web, we have consistantly lost those battles.

If our library gets it, I will read it. It is helpful to know what the enemy thinks.

I heard that the term AlQaida(sp?) was not used before 1998 does anyone know more about that?

I do know that they mujahideen originated from Egypt they were freedom fighters I think?

Blade

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
I heard that the term AlQaida(sp?) was not used before 1998 does anyone know more about that?

I do know that they mujahideen originated from Egypt they were freedom fighters I think?

Blade
One of the reasons al-Qaida remained so secret for much of its existance is that it never really liked to talk about itself. It is only within the last few years that Osama bin Laden has been quoted to even name his network. Al-Qaida by some is said to originate from outside the group whereby it was given as a name, for lack of anything better. It was the name of one of their ideologies and streams of thought. ( I have forgotten it but possibly al-Qaida al-Suffa or something along those lines - I have forgotten the second word).

"Mujahideen" as understood in this context came from all over the Middle East. One main leader of the mujahideen in Afganistan against the Soviet invasion was a Palestinian man called Abd'Allah Azzam. He created the theory (well brought it out into popularity among muslims) of eternal jihad - fighting for the defence of the muslim world. Osama bin Laden was a companion of him and bin Laden extended this theory to cover terrorism etc.... which Abd'Allah Azzam was against. Late 80's early 90's Osama bin Laden had Azzam killed and took control of the organisation - distorted it, radicalised it (although he had already radicalised it himself while in Afganisatan being very high up) and mobalised terrorism to the world. First big goals were to overthrow Middle Eastern dictators but they realised this was not working so they attacked the supporters of these dictators - ie the US - as second best. Also Anti-US feelings soared when Osama bin Laden made a merger and an alliance with the more stoutly anti-US group called Egyptian Jihad (With al-Zawahri as its leader and later became second in command of "alQaida".

There you go a brief early history...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back