All is good but -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gesetveemet

Puritan Board Sophomore
Today, I thought of myself as the one mentioned below who can listen to sermons, read books, admire this, that, or the other sentiment, and say it is all very good.

Ecclesiastes 12:12

. . . Suppose a labouring man, a travelling man, a hungry man, to go into a good dining-room, and to look at all that was spread on the table, what good will that do him if he is not a partaker? He may look on, and say, "Here is everything ready; there is a fine joint of this, that, or the other, on the table;" but what good is it all if he does not partake? Now there are not a few professors in the present day exactly of that description, who can listen to sermons, read books, admire this, that, or the other sentiment, and say it is all very good, but never partake, never receive, never eat and drink. "Except ye eat my flesh (says Jesus) and drink my blood, there is no life in you." (John 6:53) It is not enough that you own it, you must eat and drink. . . .

PARTAKERS OF HIS PROMISE BY THE GOSPEL
by JOSEPH IRONS - Delivered in Grove Chapel, Camberwell, Lord's day Morning, November 9th, 1851
"Partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel." (Ephesians 3:6)

Partakers of His Promise by the Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back