Am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, but I think having protected "classes" is wrong too.
Then again, I see only 2 races:
those in Adam
and those of us in Christ.

Then again, I see only 2 races:
those in Adam
and those of us in Christ.

I hear you. Though no doubt God intended to make some people more black, red, yellow or white than others. Also I agree that one shade of color (whatever shade) should not be a reason to discriminate.

Two questions:

-is it enforceable?

-who judges what constitutes "racism"?

I would be happy to sit on the committee to determine what is and what is not racism. I think this would be an easy job and very enforceable.

Along with this, eventually we have what we have now: special classes with special rights. Is profiling to keep a terrorist from blowing up the airport ok? I think so. Should a company be forced to hire a minority to meet some decided minimum standards, even if they are slugs? No way. Hire the qualified without regard to race. In trying to rid ourselves of racism, we end up being the most racist of all.........

What is racism? If it is the thought, then we should also start executing all the murderers and adulterers- I might as well go first. God will judge us for the actions of our hearts/minds, we don't need the state going there. As for overt acts, there are already plenty of laws in place to deal with these issues.

Good Questions, but poor answers?
is it enforceable?
in my experience-depends on the situation.
who judges what constitutes "racism"?
the populous-driven by the situation.
i.e. Crack dealer sells crack buyer fake crack, enraged by the phony crack (wax), he runs the dealer over with his hummer. During the mayhem, the buyer yells "racist" slurs-hence a "hate crime". However, satanic graffiti at a church is just "graffiti". The graffiti was still enhanced because at a church, but not classified as a "hate crime".
Is not all crime hate?
What else are we to except in a fallen world.

Is white pride worse than black pride or gay pride?

Daily I deal with Aryan Brothers, Aryan Circle, Black and Hispanic street gangs. They all have allegiances to their skin color and things of this world, my only response to them is:
Pride is pride.
Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished. Proverbs 16:5

Racism is the epitome of stupidity.

But I'm curious, is there an argument from general equity that will show it to be a violation of God's law? Can stupidity be outlawed?

I'd expect the proponents of the proposition to use Galatians 3:28 for their proof text.

No, it shouldn't. But to get back to answering the OP, I don't think you're crazy; you mean well.

As father of a mixed race family, we see plenty of looks and questioning glances. We take the tack that the world is full of ignorant people, and racism is one way they show their ignorance. Any crime is a crime of hatred, even if only the opportunistic leaning to grab an old lady's purse. You do not respect her as a member of God's creation or you would not seek to harm her. You do not seek to honour her as the aged should be honoured, you do not love her as a sister. You hate her in your selfishness. But I digress... My children are stronger and more able to verbalize their pity for the ignorant because we teach them that they must stand up for themselves and not go running to a human rights tribunal when they are maligned due to their race. Joseph is the king of this response, as he is Asian, handicapped, and has one heck of a speech impediment. Our own kids laugh at him when he speaks, but he just powers on through - it is a beautiful sight to behold. He figures that people who laugh and don't understand him are the ones with the problem, not him.

Do I think Racism is evil and unbiblical and should it be outlawed? well it depends on what you mean by racism if you mean favoring one over another sure. But since the word race seems to have lost its meaning in our postmodern culture. It seems hard to define.

It wasn't hard to define when I was a kid growing up in the south with water fountains and rest rooms marked white and colored. It was a shameful thing in this country then and if it is racism it is still a shameful thing.

If somebody believes that there might be differences between the races, is this racism?

If I think Kenyans make better marathon runners than eskimos...not merely due to upbringing, but due to genetics...am I an eskimo-hating racist?

If somebody believes that there might be differences between the races, is this racism?
No. This is prejudice, which may or may not be a negative.

Racism is prejudice in action, again something that may or may not be a negative, depending upon the circumstances, context, etc.

In general, however, when we speak of racism it usually carries a negative association. I do not think this form of racism should be against the law unless the circumstance wherein it exhibits itself is in fact a legal context. So, for example and ignoring any Scriptural issues for the moment, assume I have particular racist views about this or that class of people. I would think that I am within my rights to not do any personal business with them. On the other hand, it would be illegal for me, as an employer, to refuse to hire these persons based solely on their racial class, or to treat them adversely if they are my employees.

Racism really is impossible to ban unless you want to find a way to police thought crimes. Racism when it plays out in some sort of open way could be banned because it is partiality, which is immorality but even then you are really on saying that you can positively discern people's motives.

It is against the law of God.
Concerning secular laws, there is a big difference between "against the law" and "not practiced by an overwhelming majority". There was a Russian joke about how to appreciate how wonderful our country is: read the Constitution and never go outside.

Last edited:
Am I crazy?

Crazy's not the word I'd use.

Indeed I have been called worse.:lol:

I used that word because it is "self evident" and most of all biblical (treat your neighbor as your self) to me that it should be against the law to practice racism and the majority of the Christians I have asked this question to say no. As I slept on this question last night I am starting to think they are "crazy" or In my most humble opinion thinking like a racist.

What is racism? If it is the thought, then we should also start executing all the murderers and adulterers- I might as well go first. God will judge us for the actions of our hearts/minds, we don't need the state going there. As for overt acts, there are already plenty of laws in place to deal with these issues.

I am not a theonomist and the penalty for practicing racism is not the discussion here but if it (racism) should be against the law. :)

Is white pride worse than black pride or gay pride?

Gay pride is worse than white pride and white pride is worse than black pride. Just saying, and I know you know the reason I put them in the order I did. :)

Racism is the epitome of stupidity.

But I'm curious, is there an argument from general equity that will show it to be a violation of God's law? Can stupidity be outlawed?

No doubt Jesus would say they broke the second greatest commandment by not loving their neighbor as themselves thus general equity should speak very loudly here In my most humble opinion. I also agree with your assessment it is the "epitome of stupidity" and cannot believe my Christian brothers and sisters would do not agree that racism SHOULD be against the law. I am totally stumped and wonder if it is not clouded by our current governments lack of wisdom. Do we really hate authority that much that we are willing to not see this issue for what it is and not from the practical view of if laws against racism would be enforceable?

I'd expect the proponents of the proposition to use Galatians 3:28 for their proof text.

Catagory mistake. This is not a question if one is a Christian or not but a question of man made in the image of God.

No, it shouldn't. But to get back to answering the OP, I don't think you're crazy; you mean well.

As father of a mixed race family, we see plenty of looks and questioning glances. We take the tack that the world is full of ignorant people, and racism is one way they show their ignorance. Any crime is a crime of hatred, even if only the opportunistic leaning to grab an old lady's purse. You do not respect her as a member of God's creation or you would not seek to harm her. You do not seek to honour her as the aged should be honoured, you do not love her as a sister. You hate her in your selfishness. But I digress... My children are stronger and more able to verbalize their pity for the ignorant because we teach them that they must stand up for themselves and not go running to a human rights tribunal when they are maligned due to their race. Joseph is the king of this response, as he is Asian, handicapped, and has one heck of a speech impediment. Our own kids laugh at him when he speaks, but he just powers on through - it is a beautiful sight to behold. He figures that people who laugh and don't understand him are the ones with the problem, not him.

Kevin, first off I would applaud your general attitude on this issue. I would suggest, you being obviously a "white man" should fight for your children's God given right to be treated as a human beings made in the image of God no matter what "color" they are. No doubt those that suffer for being "another color" will be reward in heaven and those who do not advocate that men should do so will loose rewards in heaven (if they are a Christan) or be punished more in hell (if they die in unbelief).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back