Amazon Kindle - Jeff Bezos latest thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following the thing on wall street, actually the up fron cost is not cheap, but after that if it works as claimed...it would save money on books and periodicals.....in short I want one!;)

Last edited:
yep,if you bought 40 books you would save enough to buy the thing.
That is not Dave Ramsey approved impulse control thinking but it is true.

Something really nice about having all of wikipedia and a gigantic dictionary and 200 of your favorite books on hand anytime, anywhere in an 8 ounce object as thin as a pencil.

I'm thinking that price is going to come down rapidly. Remember the iPhone.

Exactly. I will likely get one next year. The fact that it appears you can convert txt documents and pdf documents into the Mobi format and use them. With so many free txt and pdf documents (think archive.org) this would be incredible.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that price is going to come down rapidly. Remember the iPhone.

Exactly. I will likely get one next year. The fact that it appears you can convert txt documents and pdf documents into the Mobi format and sue them. With so many free txt and pdf documents (think archive.org) this would be incredible.

Fred, we can sue them too? I can hardly wait! ;)

It looks very promising. My main problem with e-books is reading on a screen. I first heard about this type of paper about 3 years ago. It looks like they've worked the bugs out.

I really do hope txt and pdf can convert to it. I didn't see that, but I only skimmed the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back