And then there were 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
So who are you desirous and/or predicting to make it to the next round in the NHL playoffs?

East

1) Montreal vs. Flyers: Montreal in 6. The Habs: the last hope for the Great White North.
2) Penguins vs. Rangers: Penguins in 6. The Penguins are unstoppable at the moment.

West

1) Red Wings vs. Avalanche: Detroit in 6. The Avalanche will put up a fight but will it be enough to defeat the dominant Wings?
2) Sharks vs. Stars: Either in 7. I think this will be the closest match.

East

1) Montreal vs. Flyers: Montreal in 6. Montreal is my second favourite team after Edmonton (thanks to the book "The Hockey Sweater" which is also the reason I hate the Maple Leafs!). They could go all the way, and I for one would support that 100%!

2) Penguins vs. Rangers: Penguins in 7. I think they will get er done, but it will be a slogging!

West

1) Red Wings vs. Avalanche: Avalanche in 6. Osgood will be Osbad with Smyth in the way! And then there is the Foresberg factor. This is a tough one. I dislike both of these teams. But I dislike the Red Wings more. When I was young I played street hockey all the time against these Russians and they all loved Detroit (because at the time Detroit had tons of Russians!) so I always associated my school yard rivals with the Detroit Red Wings! The rest is history.

2) Sharks vs. Stars: Sharks in 7. I love the Sharks, I hate the Stars. Like you said, it could go either way, so in that case, I chose the team I like more.

East

1) Montreal vs. Flyers - I can not stand the Flyers. Beating third seed Caps in 7 games is not all that impressive considering the Caps were really 8th seed caliper.

2) Penguins vs. Rangers - Rangers are really tough right now and I would be lying if I said I was not a bit nervous, although the Pens were dominant in round 1. Sean Avery is a Bush League player with no class. I hope Ruutu, Roberts and Laraque make his future kids dizzy.

West

1) Red Wings vs. Avalanche - Ultimately I would like to see a Detroit / Pittsburgh Cup final, but it would not upset me too much if Colorado advanced. Detroit, as always, has a lot of talent but they tend to choke this time of year.

2) Sharks vs. Stars - This will be the best series of equally skilled teams. It is a real toss-up, but I prefer the Sharks over Dallas.

I didn't realize the title thread was referring to the number of NHL teams left in the playoffs. I thought it was actually referring to the number of NHL fans in the United States.

*hides head and runs for cover* (doesn't want to get hit by the two or three tomatoes that might actually get thrown at him)

I didn't realize the title thread was referring to the number of NHL teams left in the playoffs. I thought it was actually referring to the number of NHL fans in the United States.

*hides head and runs for cover* (doesn't want to get hit by the two or three tomatoes that might actually get thrown at him)

:lol::lol::lol: I wish I thought that way of expressing my disinterest. Is hockey still considered a sport? I am running from the tomatoes too.

Three out of four ain't bad. I am disappointed that the Habs didn't make it to the next round - no more Canadian teams! - but obviously the Flyers wanted it more.

East

Penguins vs. Flyers: Penguins in 6.

West

Red Wings vs. Stars: Red Wings in 6.

2 for 2 in the last round.

Honestly I think they will go to 7 games but I'll pick Detroit to edge the Penguins (more maturity). The Penguins have already surprised me this post-season though...

As much as I love Pittsburgh for a great many reasons - and this may be premature - as a native Detroiter, I feel compelled to stand back and lob a particular sea denizen at this point:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx3xLU4PKlY]YouTube - The octopus tradition[/ame]

:lol:

(Sorry. It's a "Detroit thing." We're going down the tubes in just about every other way here: premium gas is almost $5 a gallon & we have absolutely no mass transit system... We're trapped at home, watching the Wings on the CBC... :violin::) )

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back