Andrew Peters' Golf Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonGoodwin

Puritan Board Sophomore
Did anyone catch the game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Toronto Maple Leafs near the end of the regular season? I think the Sabres shut out the Leafs in this game (if I remember correctly). However, there is something funny that happened with about five minutes left in the game. Take a look at this link:

[video=youtube;0GkA7HHCXe4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GkA7HHCXe4[/video]

If there are any Leafs fans out there, sorry. This was just too good to pass up. :lol:

Gabriel,

I don't know if you know much about hockey, and I think we missed each other's points.

Here are some of the schematics of the situation. There was about five minutes left to go in the game. Peters was making reference to the fact that the Maple Leafs weren't going to the playoffs after the refs separated him from Wade Belak to keep those two from getting into a fight. (In case you didn't know, hockey players have a tendency to go golfing on their freetime when the weather is right.) As a result of Peters doing a mock "golf swing", the refs gave him a 10 minute misconduct penalty, which pretty much ended the game for him.

Peters wound up apologizing without coercion to the Sabres fans, the rest of his team, and the team owner. On the contrary, the coach of the Buffalo Sabres, Lindy Ruff, thought it was actually pretty funny what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back