Anyone ever built an iPhone App before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother John

Puritan Board Sophomore
I have an idea for an iPhone App that I would like to build or have built. Has anyone ever built one or does anyone have any advice on where to start?
 
John: Josh has a reputation for humorously pointing out vague questions (questions that usually begin with "Has anyone ever..." to which he replies "I'm sure SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE has...). Your OP was one such "vague question" but you seem to have escaped the wrath of the Vague Avenger!
 
John: Josh has a reputation for humorously pointing out vague questions (questions that usually begin with "Has anyone ever..." to which he replies "I'm sure SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE has...). Your OP was one such "vague question" but you seem to have escaped the wrath of the Vague Avenger!

Thank you for the clarification. I will now be on guard against an attack from the Vague Avenger :hunter:
 
I have an iPhone app in the store right now. It's called Bible Bookmarks.

An excellent resource I recommend is Apress's Beginning iPhone 4 Development: Exploring the iOS SDK (Non-referral if you don't want to help a poor college student out, haha). It's what I used to get started and I loved it. They have a lot of other books too that will help you delve more in-depth with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.

When you learn the language+framework, it's a lot of fun! However, going from an iPhone-based app to a universal (iPhone+iPad) app can be a pain in the butt to learn.

Another excellent resource is iPhone Dev SDK Forums.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top