Are paedobaptized children by nature children of wrath?

Status
Not open for further replies.
presumptive...

repentance.

I read the posts about presumptive regeneration and all, how both paedos and credos hold to it in some form, and that both sides end up baptizing non elect.

Thinking about credodom, there is the element of presumptive repentance. Credos presume the repentant one coming for baptism is in fact repentant, without being able to climb into his head or judge his heart.

In paedodom, where is one to find presumptive repentance? Do they presume the infant in fact did so (sorta like Lutherans?), or do they believe the infant will grow up and one day do so? Or do they believe the child is saturated in his holy home, and has no "Repent!!!" moment to refer to?

[quote:90ff0452ec]
Why then is Jesus' death on the cross and brief decent into hell enough for our sins but the reprobate will suffer eternally??
[/quote:90ff0452ec]

It would not have been accepted if he was not God. It had to be INFINITE, like Him. His divine nature fulfills the infinite nature of the atonement.

Its like asking, why do people spend eternity in hell for sinning for 80 years or so?

Each sin is an inifnite sin against an inifnite God because of the one to whom it is committed against.

[quote:e0624c3c04][i:e0624c3c04]Originally posted by Radar[/i:e0624c3c04]
repentance.

I read the posts about presumptive regeneration and all, how both paedos and credos hold to it in some form, and that both sides end up baptizing non elect.

Thinking about credodom, there is the element of presumptive repentance. Credos presume the repentant one coming for baptism is in fact repentant, without being able to climb into his head or judge his heart.

In paedodom, where is one to find presumptive repentance? Do they presume the infant in fact did so (sorta like Lutherans?), or do they believe the infant will grow up and one day do so? Or do they believe the child is saturated in his holy home, and has no "Repent!!!" moment to refer to? [/quote:e0624c3c04]

Radar,
The ordo salutis is sometimes seperate events (of course, it could be simultaneous). John the Baptist was regenerated in the womb; since scripture demnands repentance, he assuredly had to repent along some line of his life. The paedo demand, in Gods name that his children practice biblical repentance immediately; whenever that may be..........

Try and keep the ideas seperate;
regeneration, conversion, justification, sanctification and perseverance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back