Back in Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dale, I didn't know you could adapt a VGA monitor.

I did get info on the emulator and it appears I need to have an OS disk and bios information. I have neither. :)

Can you explain the emulator a bit more? Sorry I didn't see this. I have a habit of just perusing the "what's new posts" page and don't dig further into the archives.

I have a question too. For an old Performa computer am I restricted to finding an old Performa monitor?

Beth, you can actually get emulators for old macs that will even run on widows. I used to have one. It would work fine for that./
But an old Mac would do fine as well.

You don't need a specific monitor for the performa, though it will have an old style Mac monitor connector.
What You need is either a Mac monitor or a VGA monitor with an adaptor.

I will explain the enulator later, my daughter is asleep in my arms and it is hard to tpye with one hand.

Typing from his MacBook Pro now. :)

My oldest computer is a Performa 6360. It still works. I used to have a 636 and a 460 (my first computer) but tossed them a while back, minus spare parts (the 636 and 6360 used the same architecture and case....).

My eMac purchased in 03 runs fine, of course. It has OS 9 and 10.4.10. My G4 Tower runs 10.4.10 and classic (OS 9) as well. It's an upgraded G3 with new processor and RAM (built in 99).

My MacBook Pro just runs 10.4.10.

I haven't used my PowerTower Pro (PowerComputing) in about 2 years. But it ran OS 9.2 as well.

I did get info on the emulator and it appears I need to have an OS disk and bios information. I have neither.
It has been a while since i used one but it was all available online. Apple used to have up system 7 online for free. Not sure if they still do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back