Bann with Christ: Catholics are not our Brothers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really a fan of rap. In fact I'm not a fan at all.

I can't make out the words.

I don't know whether rap is a suitable medium for getting the message of the Gospel over to some types of people. Maybe?

Certainly rap/rock/etc should be kept out of New Covenant worship services.

Sounds good! (I also liked your other songs, nice shout-out for Ron Paul and Thomas Sowell) ;)

I don't know whether rap is a suitable medium for getting the message of the Gospel over to some types of people. Maybe?

I can certainly appreciate your view, (it is to some extent a matter of taste of course) but I don't think he is proposing these songs for corporate worship. Obviously certain genres lend themselves well to corporate singing, and rap is not one of them. However, it does make for great music in the car or just throughout daily life. It is not my favorite style of music, but I do enjoy it. In many ways good rap has a lot in common with good hymns. Both are content-rich and loaded with deep theology and well thought out phrases. As far as understanding the words goes, that just takes time and practice. ;)

Thanks again Seal!

As Hamalas said...I am not adovocating that you play my song during your Sunday Morning worship. I mean, some of those people may suffer a heart attack from the Bass and Boom Bap of the song. And if your Presbytery or Baptist set up is like any of the one's I have been to it would be highly inappropriate.

Me and my crew down here are activist. We try to invade culture and genres with Truth they won't hear otherwise. Nor will we wait on the Institutional Church to get the message out. We'll take it to them.

I think we've had this talk once before.

Thanks for listening.

Grace and Peace,
seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back