Banner and Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Steve Burlew, a friend who is the North American manager for BOT, about this. I asked him to give us the skinny.

I know that some of the John Owen Puritan Paperbacks, aside from being abridgements (as are all of the PP's), are rewrite jobs. "Made easy to read..." is the selling point.

Of course, this is not quite the same thing as what Iain Murray did with Pink's Sovereignty...

I know that some of the John Owen Puritan Paperbacks, aside from being abridgements (as are all of the PP's), are rewrite jobs. "Made easy to read..." is the selling point.

Of course, this is not quite the same thing as what Iain Murray did with Pink's Sovereignty...

Excellent point. I guess I'm just looking for works that have been edited with an agenda in mind.

:gpl:

I think Flavel's Mystery of Providence differs, the paperback from the edition in the Works. Take that with a block of salt though, as I haven't done a close study of it. And certainly wouldn't surmise any agenda.

[I'm just commenting to rack up posts. :lol: ]

I think Flavel's Mystery of Providence differs, the paperback from the edition in the Works. Take that with a block of salt though, as I haven't done a close study of it. And certainly wouldn't surmise any agenda.

[I'm just commenting to rack up posts. :lol: ]

You have earn them sir. :lol: My wording is too strong, I should have wrote "edited with a specific purpose in mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back