Beautiful Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
I have an account in Gainesville, Virginia and I was there earlier today. When I completed my call I decided to take a drive down route 29 towards Culpepper. Around Brandywine I took a side road and drove towards the hills. I could see the buds on the trees and the forsythia in bloom. I even saw some daffodils and a crocus. I love Fauquier and Culpepper counties. Spring is here and this time of year always thrills my heart.
 
Sorry we missed you brother. You drove right by our house. I agree, but I'm partial, Virginia is beautiful, especially in the springtime.
 
Andrew, why don't we dispense with the "we oughta get crabs" and actually get a few dozen this year? Would love to employ my "Ode to Crab" with you this year. In fact, next month it is required of me to repost that little ditty. Tis time!
 
I'm with you brother -- let's do it! I don't know if you noticed but there is a pretty good seafood place right on 29 within 5-10 minutes of my house in Gainesville, Blue Ridge Seafood. That would be one option, if you come back this way soon. Or I will try to make it out your way. Few things in life compare to Chesapeake Bay blue crabs. Good Christian fellowship though tops that. :handshake:
 
Let's all get together in September or October. Maybe we can talk about how beautiful it will be then when the leaves start to turn.

Trees in this section of Okinawa are pretty scarce because of all the development. My son likes leaves so much that he sometimes picks them up off the ground and carries them around because finding one around our place is pretty rare. He's going to overwhelmed when we move to Virginia.
 
P8241440.JPG.jpg
 
I'm with you brother -- let's do it! I don't know if you noticed but there is a pretty good seafood place right on 29 within 5-10 minutes of my house in Gainesville, Blue Ridge Seafood. That would be one option, if you come back this way soon. Or I will try to make it out your way. Few things in life compare to Chesapeake Bay blue crabs. Good Christian fellowship though tops that. :handshake:

Andrew, when we get together we can figure out what these books were that Rich was reading when I got together with him last fall. You being the PB librarian and all. I'm sure you can explain them to me.

Rich1jpg.jpg


rich2jpg.jpg


It was kind of funny. You can this glow as his hand passed over the top of the book.
 
Let's all get together in September or October. Maybe we can talk about how beautiful it will be then when the leaves start to turn.

Trees in this section of Okinawa are pretty scarce because of all the development. My son likes leaves so much that he sometimes picks them up off the ground and carries them around because finding one around our place is pretty rare. He's going to overwhelmed when we move to Virginia.

I'm game! But don't be offended if Andrew and I get together before September. I can't put off the crabs that long!
 
Let's all get together in September or October. Maybe we can talk about how beautiful it will be then when the leaves start to turn.

Trees in this section of Okinawa are pretty scarce because of all the development. My son likes leaves so much that he sometimes picks them up off the ground and carries them around because finding one around our place is pretty rare. He's going to overwhelmed when we move to Virginia.

Well you should take him for a trip up to Camp Gonsalves!!! Plenty of Trees up there (and I am pretty sure I have seen them all!!!) :lol:
 
Let's all get together in September or October. Maybe we can talk about how beautiful it will be then when the leaves start to turn.

Trees in this section of Okinawa are pretty scarce because of all the development. My son likes leaves so much that he sometimes picks them up off the ground and carries them around because finding one around our place is pretty rare. He's going to overwhelmed when we move to Virginia.

Well you should take him for a trip up to Camp Gonsalves!!! Plenty of Trees up there (and I am pretty sure I have seen them all!!!) :lol:

My backyard in Aquia Harbor is lush with trees as well. I'm actually already thinking about this Fall and dreading all the leaves I'll have to blow and rake. At the same time, however, I'm really excited for the kids. We've got about 1/3 of an acre fenced in for them to play in. Right now we can't let them wander too much because Sophia tends to wander down the street without close supervision.
 
Here's a pic of my backyard in winter:
http://www.L..us/2022AquiaDrive/slides/BackyardWinter.jpg

And the back of the house:
http://www.L..us/2022AquiaDrive/slides/HomeBack.jpg
 
Yep. Plenty of room in that backyard for the whole gang. The Presbyterians can sit on the deck and drink/smoke while we Baptists lounge on the patio having a pot luck dinner.
 
Yep. Plenty of room in that backyard for the whole gang. The Presbyterians can sit on the deck and drink/smoke while we Baptists lounge on the patio having a pot luck dinner.
:lol::lol::lol: That's just wrong, brother....

But yeah, the next few weeks are the loveliest time of year here in the Old dominion.
 
I love and miss Virginia.

[video=youtube;oC2TL9jrX9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC2TL9jrX9w[/video]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top