Bible reading/devotional plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erosantonio

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi,

We are still at the beginning of another year by the grace of God!

Have you been following any Bible reading/devotional plans? And suggest any?

I have a bible reading plan in 6 months, and reading the devotional volume 1 of "Heroes of the Church" (Al Truesdale)

1641844364737.png

I do Professor Horner's Plan (10 Chapters per day) on my Bible App every year (that way I don't have to deal with all the bookmarks, etc.
I have been doing the Grant Horner Bible Reading System this year with an additional reading from a section from Psalm 119 and have been really, really enjoying reading a large amount of Scripture from diverse parts of the Bible.

I have been using an app called "Bible Study". There are a number of plans on it available. There are many other options and guides and bibles on it. I have gone through the bible in 90 days twice, and now, I'm going through it again, on the 120 day plan (not always consistent) but this keeps me in the word more than I have ever been.

Hi,

We are still at the beginning of another year by the grace of God!

Have you been following any Bible reading/devotional plans? And suggest any?

I have a bible reading plan in 6 months, and reading the devotional volume 1 of "Heroes of the Church" (Al Truesdale)

View attachment 8772
Greetings!

I've started Michael Coley's 52-week Bible reading plan: I like the way it moves through the Bible by breaking the books down into the categories of Epistles, The Law, Historical Books, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy, and the Gospels, and each day of the week is devoted to a few verses or more from the current book you're reading in one of those 7 categories. I am actually thinking of modifying this plan to make it 6 months instead of 52 weeks by combining 2 weeks' readings at each sitting so that tonight I'd be reading Joshua 6-15 instead of just 6-10.

When I'm done this one, (I'm at about 85% through), I'm going to do it chronologically again. I read it that way years ago. I enjoyed it as it put lots of perspective on things that were going on historically. Why some Psalms were written, why you read things in Kings, and then again in Chronicles, and then again in some of the Prophets. When you read it Genesis - Revelation, some of the events are lost between the kings and the prophets. But Chronologically, you understand a bit more on why some prophets were in hiding, why some kings did what they did and such.

There was one ESV used to put out called "Through the Bible in a Year Reading Plan" that does about 3 OT chapters and 1 NT chapter (or part of a chapter) per day that I have used for probably 15 years. I can't find it online with a quick search but I downloaded a PDF and just print off a new one when I need it. I really just use it as a check list and bounce around and read whatever and wherever I am interested.

For me I need to focus on one or at most two books of the Bible at a time. Plans like M'Cheyne are too scattered for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back