Biblical Hebrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Shahan

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hi,

I just started taking a biblical hebrew class about a week ago. I was wondering if anyone knew any good sites online that would be helpful. The text book that the class is using is Pratico and Van Pelt

Hi,

I just started taking a biblical hebrew class about a week ago. I was wondering if anyone knew any good sites online that would be helpful. The text book that the class is using is Pratico and Van Pelt

That's the book I learned from, and Van Pelt was my professor too! It's a great way to learn Hebrew. There should be some companion CD's with charts and stuff that are also helpful later on. :2cents:

Hi,

That's the book I learned from, and Van Pelt was my professor too! It's a great way to learn Hebrew. There should be some companion CD's with charts and stuff that are also helpful later on. :2cents:

so many painful memories, but it doesn't seem so bad looking back on it.

You really need to hear the Hebrew Bible. There is a complete Hebrew Bible read online by a Jewish rabbi available here.

I agree. I put a bunch of chapters onto my iPod and follow along with the Hebrew text after reading a given passage in English. It really helps both vocabulary and grammar, not to mention pronunciation.

Whoever has the red Basics of Biblical Hebrew by Pratico and Van Pelt, how do I get the audio to work with the flashworks? I put the cd into my computer and I can't get off the green screen (home page)?? I just need to get the audio working so I can hear how the vocab words are pronounced.

thanks

Whoever has the red Basics of Biblical Hebrew by Pratico and Van Pelt, how do I get the audio to work with the flashworks? I put the cd into my computer and I can't get off the green screen (home page)?? I just need to get the audio working so I can hear how the vocab words are pronounced.

thanks

i yelled and hollered and threw stuff. it didnt work but did make me feel better

thanks

i yelled and hollered and threw stuff. it didnt work but did make me feel better

:lol: I need to get that audio for that flashworks working, I really need to hear how the hebrew is pronounced. they should have made that cd for the simple minded like myself. ;) I have been :banghead: for 2 whole days trying to figure that out. :banghead: It is key for me to hear those words pronounced, Bill Mounce's cd in his text book was a lot easier to use then this one in the hebrew. :D My hebrew class only meets 2 days a week, and there are only 3 students in the class, and those guys bought used books that didn't have the cd in the back of the book. All my prof said to me was that I should try and contact Zondervan?? :mad:

thanks

:lol: I need to get that audio for that flashworks working, I really need to hear how the hebrew is pronounced. they should have made that cd for the simple minded like myself. ;) I have been :banghead: for 2 whole days trying to figure that out. :banghead: It is key for me to hear those words pronounced, Bill Mounce's cd in his text book was a lot easier to use then this one in the hebrew. :D My hebrew class only meets 2 days a week, and there are only 3 students in the class, and those guys bought used books that didn't have the cd in the back of the book. All my prof said to me was that I should try and contact Zondervan?? :mad:

http://learningmill.org/

purchase intelex. best fifteen dollars you will ever spend.

Learning Mill - Home

purchase intelex. best fifteen dollars you will ever spend.

thanks I am ordering that..:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back