Biola University

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
Any one have any experience with Biola? Any one attend? I noticed they have a new graduate program called "Science and Religion". Any comments? Thoughts?
 
I think it is dispensational or fundamentalist. Either way it's kind of off reformed thinking.
 
I think if you can hold on for a day or two, Dr. Clark can probably give you a well informed opinion on Biola.
 
I know a couple of guys who went there (freinds of a freind). They were both charasmatic and they enjoyed it a lot. Not to say it's a charasmatic school. They do seem to have very good academics there, as compared to say the semi-reformed Belhaven College where I went. I have seen a copy of their yearbook and it was incredible. I think they are doing some good things as far as trying to push christian involvement in all areas of life. Evangelical/Dispensational, sure. Better than a public university though. I'm pretty sure everyone has to minor in Bible though, so you may have to deal with their theology.

All this is second hand from my freind who sees BIOLA as the Christian Stanford.

[Edited on 2-7-2006 by bradofshaw]
 
I have two sisters who graduated from BIOLA U. I think (though I'm not positive) that my uncle went to seminary at Talbot. Oh yea, my grandpa attended there when it was B.I.O.L.A.

From my sisters I got the impression that the school is a mixed bag--like most evangelical institutions. It isn't Reformed, its heritage does run a little to the charismatic side. Oh, and they have a giant (alleged picture of) Jesus mural that I saw on the side of a building.

On the up-side, you can attend church at Calvary OPC!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top