Book Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenas

Snow Miser
A friend of mine got me a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, and may she be blessed for such a gift. :sing: I do not know what I should get though. I am looking for suggestions on how I should spend this gem of a gift.

I am currently studying Greek via Dr. Bill Mounce's "Greek for the Rest of Us" and early church history via Dr. N.R. Needham's "2000 Years of Christ's Power Part One". Any suggestions for what to put in my "on deck" box?

To complement your Greek Study, try A Parsing Guide to the Greek NT by Nathan Han. This is more of a reference book though, but very useful. Every verb in the New Testament is parsed or given its person, number, tense, voice, mood, and root.

Barnes & Noble.com - Book Search: parsing guide to greek new testament

I'm also in favor of mixing in biographies every so often, as they then to be a lighter reading. John Newton is my hero.

Barnes & Noble.com - Books, Used & Out of Print, Textbooks, Children's Books, DVDs, Music, Toys

That's my suggestion for now.

Blessings!

Thank you! I think I'll be going further into Greek so I'll probably take that suggestion. Greek is comming amazingly easy thus far.

Or, you could take your Greek study to Barnes and spend the card on cappacinos, coffees, lattes, desserts, and buy one for your neighbor as well, as you introduce him or her to the world of Greek and reformed theology, as those around you marvel.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back