Books on salvation history

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyG

Puritan Board Graduate
No-one answered in the other thread on this subject, so I'm starting up again.
Can anyone tell me anything about a book called The Dawn of World Redemption by Erich Sauer? - I have it in translation from the German, with a foreword by F F Bruce, and there's a sequel called The Triumph of the Crucified.
I got it ages ago - I've always had a habit of buying secondhand books much faster than I can read them. Now though, what with time being short, I prefer to know they're worthwhile, before I bother :think:

It isn't a book or author I'm familiar with. Coming out of Germany, it could be almost anything, theologically, but probably not Reformed (recognizably anyway). On the other hand, FF Bruce was a respected English evangelical scholar, and his recommendation is probably worth something. If the work was from an evangelical Lutheran perspective, it is probably quite serviceable for believers. The whole work may be a little dated, actually, since Bruce was flourishing in the mid-20th century, and a whole generation of scholars has come and gone (the students he taught first-hand are nearly retiring from their positions today).

Sorry that's not more help. Bruce's foreword was probably put on the book in order to encourage a certain conservative segment of the English speaking world to pick up and read the book.

No, that's lots of help, thank you.
If/when it reaches the top of the pile, I'll read it with caution and try to form my own judgment :detective:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back