Calling all bloggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
I am thinking of starting up my own blog. I would be a complete novice at this sort of thing and would welcome the advice any seasoned blogger would give to a beginner.

It would be my own blogg rather than a church blog although that may follow at a future date.

Wordpress is the way to go. It's great for a free blog but the options get even better if you have your own domain and integrate it (very simple to do). The interface on the back end is very user friendly and the widgets/features are as well.

I just want to second Michael Turner about Wordpress. Generally, it does not make sense to use anything else.

WordPress is definitely the way to go for self-hosted blogs (ie. www.myowndomain.com) but can't comment on a free WordPress blog as I've not used it.

If you're keen to do some microblogging you could give Posterous a try; it's very easy to.

I've just started a wordpress.com blog, and its easy to use. I'd like to self host, but don't have facilities for that. The only downside is the lack of customisation of the way it looks. I don't want to pay extra ust to be able to tweak CSS

I've used both Blogger and Wordpress for a time. Actually still have a connected blog on blogger. I truly prefer the ease and simplicity of Posterous though, as Nathan has mentioned. Especially if you have an iPhone (but even if you don't), this has been a great move for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back