Calvin and Servates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritsrus

Puritan Board Freshman
Could someone point me to something online I can show a friend about the true history of the Calvin/Servates controversy? She has read Calvin murdered him and he was a tyrant among other things. I searched and looked here but couldn't find anything.

Thank you!
 
Could someone point me to something online I can show a friend about the true history of the Calvin/Servates controversy? She has read Calvin murdered him and he was a tyrant among other things. I searched and looked here but couldn't find anything.

Thank you!

Hello grits & forum
smiley_emoticons_winken3.gif


Dr. White talks about this some on The Dividing Line.

[video=youtube;qbBozoYGz1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbBozoYGz1w[/video]
 
can you tell me which book she read? frankly I personally don't have a problem with Calvin's involvement, I don't think he sinned against God only 18th century liberal ideas (nothing wrong with those but they are not a divine right).
 
It wasn't a book she read, she's been looking at some things I've talked about and she doesn't like Reformed doctrine (she's into free will etc) and found some anti-Calvin stuff online and thought it was true.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top