Chapman Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formerly At Enmity

Puritan Board Freshman
Have any of the musicians out there actually played a stick? By stick, I mean a touch guitar such as Tony Levin played while in Crimson and Peter Gabriel's band...for those who do not not know what I am talking about, seehttp://stick.com ...I am thinking about investing in one next summer.....

I'm a bass player myself. I hear Chapman stick is pretty sweet, and that bassists usually pick it up pretty easily. Never had the chance to even see one in real life although I've seen alot of video of them being played. Tony Levin like was mentioned, There was a jazz fusion band some time back called Kittyhawk and the guitarist and bassist both did some work on stick. There was another european group a couple of years back as well called Uz Eb, their bassist played just about every bass known to man including piccolo bass and Chapman stick.

Jason, I played with a guitarist who also played a stick (and knew Mr. Chapman.) What a great instrument! If you want to communicate with Doug Smith (acoustic guitar extraordinaire) Google his name w/ guitar. He'll tell you what it's like. He's an amazing musician and all-around nice guy!

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back