Chapter Breaks and Headings

Status
Not open for further replies.
None that we can get today.
I don't know of a bible that does not have them, and more, for today's church. I'd like one, but I have not been able to find one.
 
Actually, I have a work called "The New Testament," translated by Richmond Lattimore. He was a classical Greek professor and translator who over the course of 20 years+ translated the NT. I'm not sure that he was a believer, however... His translation has neither chapters nor individual verses, though the top margins indicate, for example, that the current page contains "John 1:1 - 2:4."
 
Originally posted by tellville
The Message, though it's not really a translation.


[Edited on 4-19-2006 by tellville]

Oh boy! Maybe it doesn't have chapters and verses, but there is a lot of other things it doesn't have.

No personal reflection on you at all, but I really, really dislike The Message. I think it sends a bad message!
 
I have an NEB New Testament that is set up in paragraphs and sentences, with marginal chapter and verse #s, not in the text. Not generally a recommended version, however. Taint of Liberal bias.

Why not check out the library for options? Even public libraries usually have several shelf versions of the Bible. I would think that Princeton Seminary would have more than a smattering, even a whole lot. I'd check them out for ideas.
 
Ivan, no offense taken :up:

I don't like the Message either. But you asked for translations without chapters and numbers, not for a very accurate scholarly Reformed translation that is so earth shattering for its accuracy and clarity that the NASB would from now on be considred a paraphrase.

BTW, if you are looking for a very accurate scholarly Reformed translation that is so earth shattering for its accuracy and clarity that the NASB would from now on be considred a paraphrase, I hear the TNIV is pretty close. :banana:
 
Originally posted by tellville
Ivan, no offense taken :up:

I don't like the Message either. But you asked for translations without chapters and numbers, not for a very accurate scholarly Reformed translation that is so earth shattering for its accuracy and clarity that the NASB would from now on be considred a paraphrase.

BTW, if you are looking for a very accurate scholarly Reformed translation that is so earth shattering for its accuracy and clarity that the NASB would from now on be considred a paraphrase, I hear the TNIV is pretty close. :banana:

:lol:

Actually, it was Chris that asked about the chapter and verse stuff, not me.
 
Ever get the feeling where if you had just moved the bar on the right of your browser 1 cm (0.3937 in) higher you wouldn't have had to do this to yourself: :banghead: ?
 
Originally posted by tellville
Ever get the feeling where if you had just moved the bar on the right of your browser 1 cm (0.3937 in) higher you wouldn't have had to do this to yourself: :banghead: ?

I think we all have that feeling from time to time. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top