Charging for the Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't charge for tickets....
The parking meters are where we make our money! :up:

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by Craig]
 
Man we have half a dozen David Lettermen wannabe's here!:P

No our church will do nothing of the sort, and I don't pay any attention to the other Dispensational churches, it depresses me if I do.
 
It's strikes me as strange that we joke over something so sad. The contemporary church sells the Gospel and we crack jokes in light of it. This is the relativism and complacency that has crept in unaware...........

[Edited on 11-30-2004 by Scott Bushey]
 
Originally posted by Scott Bushey
How many of your churches are having a Christmas program where tickets are sold?

This is just one more reason why I avoid the whole Christmas season and why I refrain from attending church the last couple of weeks in December. Thank God the current OPC I attend does not sell tickets. However, they are really big on its celebration and include it in their worship services.

Jim
 
Originally posted by luvroftheWord
St Paul's doesn't sell tickets to any worship service. Why should God's people pay to worship him?

Craig,
I agree; thats the point of this thread. No one said that St. Pauls sells tickets. There are churches out there that have Christmas concerts, plays etc. and charge admission. Typically involved in the event is the gospel message.

[Edited on 11-30-2004 by Scott Bushey]
 
Originally posted by Scott Bushey
How many of your churches are having a Christmas program where tickets are sold?

echo on

The moment the coin in the money box rings
a loved one's soul from purgatory springs.

echo off
 
I didn't think anyone was accusing St Paul's of selling tickets. I was just stating that my church doesn't do it. Our message is "Come without money to Jesus Christ and buy!"
 
Depending on the church, their motive for charging may simply be to help pay the bills or provide money for other things (i.e. - I know of one church whose membership was small, but they put on a Christmas program/play and the money went to support their missionaries).

You Calvinist folks are so judgemental :lol: (sayeth the African-American Calvinist with a picture of Calvin with an afro for his avatar)

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by OS_X]
 
Yes, I have a problem charging for the gospel. Didn't Jesus show anger toward the money changers. Shouldn't they ask for donations.
However, bigger problems about money and christianity are out there, especially on tv. I heard Bob Larson (He claims to cast out demons) say if you don't empty your 401k's and IRA's and give to this ministry you are against the gospel of Jesus Christ and are on the devil's side.
The begging of money on TV and radio is frankly disheartening. If some of these people really had faith in God shouldn't they just trust that God would supply for their ministry without begging and coersion.
 
Originally posted by bigheavyq
Yes, I have a problem charging for the gospel. Didn't Jesus show anger toward the money changers. Shouldn't they ask for donations.
However, bigger problems about money and christianity are out there, especially on tv. I heard Bob Larson (He claims to cast out demons) say if you don't empty your 401k's and IRA's and give to this ministry you are against the gospel of Jesus Christ and are on the devil's side.
The begging of money on TV and radio is frankly disheartening. If some of these people really had faith in God shouldn't they just trust that God would supply for their ministry without begging and coersion.

This morning the minister at my church referred to TV evangelicals as "goofy". You're both right!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top