Choice of Epistles for family bible study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
I have done the Pentateuch, Gospel of Mark and am currently finishing Acts. Which epistle should I do with my kids (primary school age) next?

I was thinking of avoiding Revelation, Hebrews and Romans but what would be a gentle introduction to the epistles?

I would say Philippians...introduce them to the joy there is in resting in the sovereignty of God. (Joy in uncertainty, joy in suffering, etc...then there is that great exhortation on what living as Christians looks like 2:1-11.) (Can you tell I am preaching through the book of Philippians right now?)

:agree: and would also suggest Colossians to instill greater confidence in the supremacy of Christ in the heart of the believer and the church over and against the world around us.

My first thought was Philippians as well. It's personal and straightforward, as Paul gives insight into how God has worked in his life. In many ways, it is a great companion and follow-up to Acts, which you're just now finishing. It fills out that story.

Kids have an easier time understanding non-narrative passages when they can connect them to the Bible's narrative accounts. I brought in sections of Philippians as I taught Acts to my Sunday school class of 8-10-year-olds last year. It seemed to work pretty well. I considered it a gentle introduction to study of the epistles.

I have done the Pentateuch, Gospel of Mark and am currently finishing Acts. Which epistle should I do with my kids (primary school age) next?

I was thinking of avoiding Revelation, Hebrews and Romans but what would be a gentle introduction to the epistles?

wise to keep Revelation until they lean towards Amill. :book2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back