Concise Theology or Essential Truths

Status
Not open for further replies.

openairboy

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi,
I am buying either Concise Theology by Packer or Essential Truths by Sproul for a friend. Which one?

Thanks
 
Concise Theology. I like the way Packer writes. More life application. I have read them both. For a younger believer I would use Packer. And I have.
 
While "Concise Theology" may be fine in and of itself, I would be wary of giving books authored by someone who is a part of "Evangelicals and Catholics Together" and other such compromised and heterodox movements, especially to young believers. Reading his reasonably sound writings might unfortunately open them up to be influenced by other of his teachings which are erroneous and dangerous.

Jie-Huli
 
Originally posted by Jie-Huli
While "Concise Theology" may be fine in and of itself, I would be wary of giving books authored by someone who is a part of "Evangelicals and Catholics Together" and other such compromised and heterodox movements, especially to young believers. Reading his reasonably sound writings might unfortunately open them up to be influenced by other of his teachings which are erroneous and dangerous.

Jie-Huli

Iam totally agree with that.
 
Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Concise Theology. I like the way Packer writes. More life application. I have read them both. For a younger believer I would use Packer. And I have.

Perfect! Exactly what I am looking for. Thank you.

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by openairboy]
 
Originally posted by Jie-Huli
While "Concise Theology" may be fine in and of itself, I would be wary of giving books authored by someone who is a part of "Evangelicals and Catholics Together" and other such compromised and heterodox movements, especially to young believers. Reading his reasonably sound writings might unfortunately open them up to be influenced by other of his teachings which are erroneous and dangerous.

Jie-Huli

Not real worried about that nor that "Knowing God" will lead someone astray.

openairboy

openairboy

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by openairboy]
 
Openairboy-

Also, if this person does not have a bible yet, the NKJV Reformation Study Bible contains all if not most of the chapters from Concise Theology. So that way you could get the book and a bible all in one.
 
Originally posted by RAS
Openairboy-

Also, if this person does not have a bible yet, the NKJV Reformation Study Bible contains all if not most of the chapters from Concise Theology. So that way you could get the book and a bible all in one.

WOW! I didn't know that. I definitely want to get them a new one, b/c I purchased them the NIV a number of years ago...

Thanks for that.

openairboy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top