Confused: Need Clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coram Deo

Puritan Board Junior
Ok, I am alittle confused.. I consider myself a Theonomic in relations to the Moral law of God and the use of Civil Law which is founded and based in Moral law. I am also ok, to a point with the Penology of the Civil Code.

Now I hear terms like Christian Reconstructionism, and Dominion Theology and sometimes interchangable along with Theonomy. I believe there is a difference but my mind spins trying to figure it out... :duh:

I know I am missing the difference..

Could someone explain to me in seperate paragraphs the differences between Theonomy, Christian Reconstructionism, and Dominion Theology?

Thanks,

Coram Deo,
Michael

Now I hear terms like Christian Reconstructionism, and Dominion Theology and sometimes interchangable along with Theonomy. I believe there is a difference but my mind spins trying to figure it out... :duh:

I know I am missing the difference..

Could someone explain to me in seperate paragraphs the differences between Theonomy, Christian Reconstructionism, and Dominion Theology?

Thanks,

Coram Deo,
Michael

Theonomy: the the civil law of God is binding in its general equity.

Christian Reconstruction: sort of the social agenda of old, former theonomists. One can be a theonomist but not a CR (and I haven't seen any worthy arguments to the contrary).

Dominion Theology: It is what people use to slander theonomists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back