Controversial Issues

What controversial issues do you hold most dear?

  • Baptism

    Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Creation

    Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Eschatology

    Votes: 8 14.8%

  • Total voters
    54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripel

Puritan Board Senior
This might not make much sense, but bear with me.

Of all of the biblical issues that we disagree on, which do you hold the most dear? In other words, on which issue are you most concerned for those with whom you disagree.

For example: If you're a credobaptist and you think paedobaptists are in serious error, you would choose Baptism.

Starting out the poll list is very simple and I will add additional options as they are suggested. I would like to keep this list confined to topics that we disagree on within this board--Hopefully we agree on things like the doctrine of salvation, so that wouldn't apply.
 
Now that I look at it, it seems I cannot add additional options to the poll. Is that correct?
 
Either I am becoming a liberal or I am maturing...because I dont get upset about any of those...altho I guess is I'm pushed I dont really dig the 'God used evolution to create the world' mindset.
 
I do not believe that any of the issues in the poll are neccessary for salvation, thus I wouldn't die on any of those mountains. Of the three, though I find Baptism most important. Not because of the Credo/Paedo issue, but rather due to the covenant theology (or lack thereof) that drives said issues.

Theognome
 
I don't get worked up about them but I do hold baptism dear just because it's a sacrament, and I think those who are credo are missing out on what God has offered His children and are in disobedience. I'm not going to try and debate the subject or ridicule my brethren who are credo. I think we all have Biblical things that we don't follow because we just don't understand them fully yet. The disobedience in these cases are from lack of understanding. I can think of a few for myself!
 
Eschatology for me. Historicism was the view of all the reformed/puritan confessions and the puritans agreed on it even when they didn't agree on Baptism.
 
An Admin can change the poll. Post what you'd like to change/add.

In the interim, I agree with Thegnome. I wouldn't die for my position on any of those three hills. I have a "current conviction" that doesn't preclude fellowship or some sympathy for alternative understandings.

Now, add "definite atonement" or "absolute sovereignty" and it's a different story.
 
I chose eschatology also. I believe that one's eschatological construct has a lot of influence on how one lives as a believer.

:worms:
 
I don't get worked up...

but I love all three as topic discussions.

Actually, I'll add, I love two of the three...

I don't car as much about the baptism debates.
 
Can't vote, because I don't believe that one is more important than the other. If one is in err, then one is in err.
 
This might not make much sense, but bear with me.

Of all of the biblical issues that we disagree on, which do you hold the most dear? In other words, on which issue are you most concerned for those with whom you disagree.

For example: If you're a credobaptist and you think paedobaptists are in serious error, you would choose Baptism.

Starting out the poll list is very simple and I will add additional options as they are suggested. I would like to keep this list confined to topics that we disagree on within this board--Hopefully we agree on things like the doctrine of salvation, so that wouldn't apply.
On other boards I can get heated by creation myself
 
I don't get worked about any of them either (at least most the time), but I chose creation, because it seems to me it is tied into God's character which to me, is important in understanding the other things.
 
No major passions for any of the three,however If forced I would choose eschatology because of all the false doctrine (Dispensationalism) I had been taught,and my desire to hear the truth,of that I am passionate
 
Like most here none of them particularly... But Baptism I guess because of its connection with Covenant Theology.

Creation is too broad. I am passionately against evolution, but am sympathetic toward Framework...
 
Interesting. I'm preaching on Philippians 1:15-18 this morning. Paul's "opponents" were not doctrinally incorrect (they preached Christ), so theirs must have been a personal issue.

Christians can disagree on some issues and still be brothers in the Lord. After all, it's sin (somewhere) that causes our disagreement, but Christ who brings about unity.

The above questions are not uppermost in my mind, but I'm partial to the issue of creation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top