Covenant of redemption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article captures reformed heavyweights across centuries dealing with your topic. I can't claim to have absorbed every detail, and I'm still hesitant to adopt this formulation of covenant theology, but the scope of this piece is impressive.

I havent had much time to sit and read; but I am editing Obadiah Sedgwicks "The Bowls of Tender Mercy Set Forth in the Everlasting Covenant." It should be done in a few days, Lord Willing. Both the "The Ark of the Covenant Opened" (Gillespie) and "The Covenant of Life Opened" (Rutherford) are available at Monergism. They were listed in the RTS bibliography posted above. Also, Berith Press has released the first 3 vols (out of a projected 5) of Francis Roberts "God's Covenants." I think the remaining two vols. are expected to be released before the end of the year.

Introductory, the Sum of Saving Knowledge is the best thing. David Dickson’s thought from Therapeudica Sacra is certainly there. Patrick Gillespie’s Ark of the Testament Opened, Rutherford’s Covenant of Life, and Owen has some good stuff (forgetting exactly where this evening). Gillespie is the most thorough and is very helpful (Ryan McGraw blogged through his work sometime back and distilled it into contemporary thought and language). B Hoon Woo did his PhD on the issue, and is worth looking through if you have a nice seminary library near by.

Edit: I see David recommended the same things; may bad.

Samuel WIllard's book "The Covenant of Redemption" is worth a look. Don't know if it could be called the best, but it is surely worthy of consideration. It's a Northampton Press title.

This article captures reformed heavyweights across centuries dealing with your topic. I can't claim to have absorbed every detail, and I'm still hesitant to adopt this formulation of covenant theology, but the scope of this piece is impressive.
There is a lot of good content in this article. Thank you for posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back