Curious George

Status
Not open for further replies.
cartoons are dead...it will flop.

Only CGi animation like Madagascar works anymore.

We have entered a new era.......the only "old" cartoons are the TV prime time adult cartoons like the Simpsons and King of the Hill - which carry themselves on the weight of their jokes rather than visual appeal.

Originally posted by trevorjohnson
cartoons are dead...it will flop.

Only CGi animation like Madagascar works anymore.

We have entered a new era.......the only "old" cartoons are the TV prime time adult cartoons like the Simpsons and King of the Hill - which carry themselves on the weight of their jokes rather than visual appeal.

Not true. Even much of the non-Pixar garbage does well at the theatre. Studios are finally figuring out that if you make a G (or PG) movie, you get 4-6 people from a family going, often more than once. If you make an R movie, you get a few "critical" people going, and it is a bomb.

"After a good meal and a pipe, George felt very tired"

pipe.gif

I actually have this on a T-shirt.

I don't know why some memories from childhood are so vivid. I don't remember much from pre-school but I remember that story of Curious George swallowing that puzzle piece and going to the hospital to get it surgically removed. He ends up flying down the hill in a hospital bed after the surgery and then Sally (is that her name) comes and comforts him - he makes her laugh for the first time in the book. Anyway, the story ends with George and the Man in the Yellow Hat completing the puzzle with the surgically removed piece - presumably stained from Curious George's stomach bile - but it fits and the story has a happy ending.

I loved that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back