Dell Vostro 1520

Status
Not open for further replies.

westminken

Puritan Board Freshman
Anybody have some feedback about this computer? I ordered it and it is on its way so let me know if there are ANY problems with it, please kind sirs and madams.:)
 
Just saying it is a Dell Vostro 1520 doesn't give us too many details as there are quite a few configurations even on dell's site. That being said I find it is usually better to ask for advice before I order something rather than afterwards. Of course I have never been a fan of Michael Dell's products anyways.
 
If it helps you any, I have a Vostro 1400 and haven't had any serious problems with it, other than some typical Vista related problems.
 
I have a better idea. How about YOU let us know if there are any problems with it, once it arrives?

:)
 
Problems? it does run (shudder) Windows doesn't it? _a Mac Guy:rolleyes::worms:

Well both my Macs can technically run windows, in fact my Mac Pro does run windows, but only when I am working in Logos or running one of my plotters or Glass software. and then usually through parallels.
 
Did you upgrade the operating system? Because Vista Home Basic is not something to look forward to. I'd go XP if available; it may have enough power (barely) to function with some of the better Vistas.

I've got Home Basic on this machine, but I'm running right now on a bootable Linux CD.
 
oh no, I downgraded to Windows XP Professional. My friend that helped me order it told me that Vista is not good. Anyway, he said that the Vostro was a newer version of the Inspiron computers. He told me that this will be a very good machine. I trust him because he helped me buy my last laptop and that lasted five years. I was just asking for feedback from other people because I checked some ratings on this computer after I bought it and there was about a 50/50 split on people that said they liked it and others that said if wasn't worth buying.
 
I've had a Vostro 1510 for almost a year and haven't had any problems. It actually costs more to downgrade to XP than to stay with Vista so I didn't do it, but I would have if they were the same price.
 
It's a great computer. Enjoy. I had one from my job for over a year and it worked great.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top