Dick Proenneke: Alone in the Wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo Christo

Puritan Board Freshman
Has anyone else enjoyed this documentary? The wife and I just watched it as a promotion for Georgia Public Broadcasting. Fascinating!

It's a fascinating documentery! I've spent a lot of time backpacking and historical treking, and it's always been a dream of mine to do what he did; build a cabin and live in the wilderness. He's a great woodworker too! It's amazing to just watch him form a simple and elegant door hinge out of a chunk of wood with only a couple hand tools. If you like spending time in the wilderness or enjoy simple living, you gotta watch this documentary!

[Edited on 12-9-2005 by Plimoth Thom]

I really like shows like these ones (anyone seen Pioneer Quest?). This looks very interesting.

Originally posted by Solo Christo
Has anyone else enjoyed this documentary? The wife and I just watched it as a promotion for Georgia Public Broadcasting. Fascinating!

:up::up:

Our local PBS affiliate runs it two or three times during their beg-a-thons. I always turn it on to watch (my wife thinks I'm a nut to watch the same show over and over). It's facinating.

Originally posted by tcalbrecht
Our local PBS affiliate runs it two or three times during their beg-a-thons. I always turn it on to watch (my wife thinks I'm a nut to watch the same show over and over). It's facinating.

:lol: I found myself wishing that they would show it again the next day. It was truly fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back