Did Adam Sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMK

Administrator
Staff member
Often in the Bible, sleep is analogous to death, and waking to resurrection. Before the fall, there was no death and therefore no resurrection. There was morning and evening, and the passage of seasons, and the weekly Sabbath rest. But did Adam sleep? Is sleep inherent in man or a result of the fall?

As Rich pointed out it appears that sleep did exist prior to the fall. However, the nature of sleep changed after Adam and Eve sinned. Instead of rest representing heavenly communion with God it came to represent death. As far as knowing if Adam slept every night, I think that's kind of like asking if he had a bellybutton. Sadly, we'll never know. (In this life anyway.) :2cents:

Often in the Bible, sleep is analogous to death, and waking to resurrection. Before the fall, there was no death and therefore no resurrection. There was morning and evening, and the passage of seasons, and the weekly Sabbath rest. But did Adam sleep? Is sleep inherent in man or a result of the fall?

Well he slept with Eve because they had a son. :oops: He knew his wife right?

Could it be that sleep is not analogous to death, but that death is analogous to sleep?

I think when God says that a Christian was stoned lets say and he slept, it means that his death of the body was not really death but only a sleep.

For a night and He will live with God in the morning.

This is how i have always seen it:2cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back