Do you remember your wedding text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romans 8:18-39 (with an introductory note on the passage from a Reformed perspective, just to bother the Arminians in the audience with the pure truth of the text -j/k, sorta).
 
I was to overwhelmed with being in the presence of the most beautiful woman ever created by God to recall. I bet she remembers, though.

Theognome
 
"By the authority vested in me by RCW 26.04.050, I declare you husband and wife."

My wife and I were hard-core secular objectivists when we got married by a Superior Court Commissioner.

Praise God for his transforming work upon us.
 
Too long ago to remember the singular text used. However all those beautiful ones mentioned above were and are still engraved on my heart and shall always remain, though he has gone!
 
Do you remember your wedding text? If so, what was it.

Our wedding was so long ago (50+ years), that I have trouble remembering a lot about it.

We were not regenerated in Christ at the time, so I do not remember any of the service, other than we were married in a Baptist Church, and the Pastor did read from the bible . . . of which not a word meant anything to either of us.

However, I find it providential we were married in the sanctity of a visible church, even though the import of it was lost on us at the time. It is some comfort to us, now.

(Now, as Christians, we wonder why the Pastor would marry two unbelievers, without any attempt to counsel. . . oh well, that is in God's hands to judge.)

God, in His grace, saved both of us almost simultaneously, about 14 years later. Praise His name! :sing:

Ronda
 
It has been 15 years... There was something about the ring... Honestly, my bride was so beautiful that I really wasn't aware of anything else. I know every husband will say that, but come over to my house some time and I will show you pictures. Then you will know what I mean.
 
Ephesians 5 for me is the paramount text when it comes to marriage which is why I will always remember that as our wedding text.
 
Genesis 2 and it was awful.

We were married by a serial adulterer, liberal intellectual who couldn't believe my parents were still married because he couldn't stand my mother. So we got some stupid homily using a bunch of Hebrew to "prove" that Eve was equal to Adam.

I don't remember much of the ceremony, but during the homily I remember thinking, "This makes no sense at all."
 
Genesis 2 and it was awful.

We were married by a serial adulterer, liberal intellectual who couldn't believe my parents were still married because he couldn't stand my mother. So we got some stupid homily using a bunch of Hebrew to "prove" that Eve was equal to Adam.

Let me guess. It was a female minister in the UMC?
 
Genesis 2 and it was awful.

We were married by a serial adulterer, liberal intellectual who couldn't believe my parents were still married because he couldn't stand my mother. So we got some stupid homily using a bunch of Hebrew to "prove" that Eve was equal to Adam.

Let me guess. It was a female minister in the UMC?

Close! PCUSA aging Lothario. He was "counseling" the women.
 
Back that long ago, there were a lot fewer passages since much of the NT had not been written yet.

However, Dr. Robert H. Gundry did his homily on Eph 5. He shared the service with our very liberal Andover Newton graduate pastor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top